Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural neglect hair sectioning

Jackie C.
@jackie-c
12 years ago
34 posts
I'm 3 weeks in to my dread journey and noticing a lot of the sections my hair is forming (especially in the back) are long and skinny, like 1 1/2 inches by 1/2 inch. Will this be problematic in the future? Should I pull them apart into 2? Some of them are really dreaded up already and I hate to undo progress. My hair is also super-thin, so my baby dreads are really thin, too. The beads I have on them only have 3mm holes. Any help will be much appreciated. :)
updated by @jackie-c: 01/13/15 09:21:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

judge by the average size (being 1 x 1 1/2 your average size is 1 1/4)

if they are much bigger then tht id seperate but 1 inch is a thick dread an extra 1/4 wont hurt ya

shape as in long and flat wont matter (but do keep em seperated)

mine arew all odd shapes in fact many will naturaly form from a teardrop shape that makes em hang right

if u have any that are closer to 1 3/4 id worry and split

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackie C.
@jackie-c
12 years ago
34 posts

So when they're mature,will theybe as big around as the section on the scalp? Even on really thin hair?

ginger.rose
@gingerrose
12 years ago
45 posts

My hair is doing this, too - I posted on it before finding this thread. How is it going now? Your photos show our hair is similar in some ways. I am also sharing your profile with Zom-B, who will be in the same boat soon, I think.

BlueberryMomma
@blueberrymomma
12 years ago
8 posts

I am also having problems with sectioning. my dreads are about 5 months now and the back ones formed on the bottom first and now the top part is dreading but i have a huge clump of like 3 or 4 dreads trying to come together, i keep trying to separate them but the are joining! how to I pull them apart with out ruining the dread or the hair!? thanks! also, does anyone recommend rubber bands just temporary?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no,,no rubber bands ever if anything wraps or beeds

just pull them apart when wet

its that easy if they are too far joined put lil olive oil on the connected parts

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackie C.
@jackie-c
12 years ago
34 posts

It totally worked out fine. I got a bit paranoid at the beginning, cuz i couldn't see the back of my head very well and found out i had a 3 inch section dreading together. I ended up undoing most of that giant dread when they were about 2 months along, but it re-dreaded really quick. Now, at nine months, they stay pretty well separated. i still go through and separate after each wash, about 2x per week.

ginger said:

My hair is doing this, too - I posted on it before finding this thread. How is it going now? Your photos show our hair is similar in some ways. I am also sharing your profile with Zom-B, who will be in the same boat soon, I think.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form