Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seven Year Frizzies

Melanie2
@melanie2
12 years ago
99 posts

My dreads are coming up to seven years old in April and I really would have expected more of the loose hairs and frizzy strands to have worked their way in by now. My hair is quite fine and very soft and fluffy after washing. Is there anything I can put on it to get my looooonnnggg loose hairs in a tangling, snaggling, snarly mood? If they made new little dreads on their own I would'nt mind but having them tickling my eyes, getting stuck in my mouth and just plain sticking up is kind of annoying.

updated by @melanie2: 01/13/15 09:21:02PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how long are they

they will dread but if they are annoying ya i just tie a knot in the end and they start to dread in no time

i only do it when driving cross country with hairs blowing in my eyes for hours and hours and hours otherwise i let them dread themselves

but at those times they get anoying and so i do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Melanie2
@melanie2
12 years ago
99 posts

Thanks SE :D Some of them are five or six inches long..the are so fine and wispy, they don't want to knot at all. I will try tieing a knot in them and see what happens : )

I know I could wear a band or something but I find all headwear makes my head hot and itchy...plus I'm not allowed to wear anything on my head for work.

Thank you again for your great advice : )

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

6 is the magic dreading length they reach that length they dread

but 5 can reach your mouth and eyes so its that in between stage where they are alkmost ready to dread that can annoy ya

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Melanie2
@melanie2
12 years ago
99 posts

Are you just saying that to make me feel better? LOL

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form