Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing every day

meakia miakinkoff-murzynsky
@meakia-miakinkoff-murzynsky
12 years ago
31 posts

So I know you don't have to wash every day, more like every 3 days or so, and people with mature dreads do so less often because they take a long time to dry. However, mine are only 2 weeks old, I have been washing about every 3 days which is fine, but most of the maturation process happens right after washing doesn't it? Would washing every other day or every day speed the process up, or make them fall apart? waiting until 3 days also makes my head itchy, I'de like to not wait for that :0)

updated by @meakia-miakinkoff-murzynsky: 01/13/15 09:20:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u itch wash

if its day 2 its day 2

what u washing with? maybe changing it might make iu itch less

but theres no reason to wait that extra day

every day tho ..is iffy some do it tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
12 years ago
31 posts

nice thanks :0) baking soda and bronners to answer, the bronners helps with the itchies.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

do u do the acv?

if not thats why u itch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i wash every other day. wash when you want to but just make sure your hair dries completely between washings. my hair is thin so it only takes a few hours for my hair to dry. oh and i sit in the sun to dry it so that helps too.

Jackie C.
@jackie-c
12 years ago
34 posts
I've been washing every other day, too. I'm on day 19 of natural dreading and they're knotting up just fine. My hair is also really thin and dries quickly. I've really been liking the baking soda wash and apple cider vinegar rinse. My hair has stopped getting really oily by the second day, like it used to do when I used shampoo. I don't plan on ever going back to shampoo. 'Hope that helps! :)
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts
I wash daily for now because I have a toddler and life is messy. So far my hair dries well and everything is moving along really well. Too well sometimes.I wouldn't necessarily recommend daily washing to someone but if ACV and essential oils aren't cutting the itchies I would definitely suggest more frequent washings with the goal of slowly cutting down again.On the odd times my hair can't dry quickly I make sure my next wash includes anti mold ingredients just in case.Hope that helps.
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

My hair takes like 8 hours to completely dry and are not even mature yet :\ so I definitely don't wash my hair everyday, but if your hair dries quick enough, you can definitely wash it everyday. Just...if they start taking long to dry, you'd probably have to start doing it every other day or something.

12 years ago
31 posts

they dry really quickly...my ends are unraveling like crazy, I think I will wrap them.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form