Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

home made lock peppa

meakia miakinkoff-murzynsky
@meakia-miakinkoff-murzynsky
12 years ago
31 posts

Ok, I have super silky fine hair, and every time I get it wet I have to re rub my roots, I wash about every 3 days (have had dreads for about 2 weeks) I was wondering if anyone had a "lock peppa" recipe that I could use dry. I like sea salt rinses, but I don't want to get my hair wet so often.

updated by @meakia-miakinkoff-murzynsky: 01/13/15 09:20:47PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

What do you mean "so often"? Washing every 3 days is what you're suppose to do. What I recommend with the sea salt is get it in a spray bottle and ONLY ONLY spray it on before you wash. My locks are 5 years old and I spray the down with sea salt an hour before I wash. Let the salt sink in and then rinse it out. Then I go about my normal washing routine. At this age, I only have to was once a week. But where you're at, you should be washing every 2-3 days. So I don't know what you mean by not wanting to get them wet so often

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

do not rub roots lock peppa does nothing at all

the roots will be loose many months but they never ever should be rubbed or u can lose dreads

stop everything u think u know after visiting dreadheadhq its all 100% wrong i hope u never used wax! lock peppa is a a scam, it does nothing

root rubbing can cause you to lose dreads

just stop everythubg except washing and sea salt

u have 2 week old dreads no wait 2 week old backcombed hair u do not have dreads yet

u gotti leave em alone for months stop \working on them and let them dread themselves

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
meakia miakinkoff-murzynsky
@meakia-miakinkoff-murzynsky
12 years ago
31 posts

Well, by so often I meant that I would wash them and then a couple days later douse them in a bucket of salt water (5% salinity) so they were getting soaked every other day. It makes me nervous, but I guess I will stop messing with them, I just don't feel like my hair is the texture that dreads easily, and they feel like they are more together when I root rub....Ok dreads are an exercise in letting go and patience, here I am letting go and being patient.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

salinity should be 3.5% not 5 and u should do it a couple hours b4 u wash not the next day

u dont giotta pour it on or dopuse yourself a spray will do

a cup not a gallon

jut dampen them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form