@kimmy-activatur
12 years ago
3 posts

updated by @kimmy-activatur: 01/13/15 09:20:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nbevger root rub never crochet never interlock never do anything to the roots to tighten them at all and for gods sake never go near a salon unless its to laugh at the people inside

leave the dreadsaqlone to take care of thejmselves

stop everything your doing'now try to get the interlocking out carefully if you can if you cantthenm just leave em and hope for the v[best your making too many mistakes that are all goingto e-weakien them

wash

seperate

'thats all

no rubbing no rolling nmo poking hok[les in them no forcing them through gaops in the roots and no salons

dreades are no maintenance/low maintenance why make em high maintenance ?

unfortunately undoing interlocking you gotto do right away if you waittoo long you may never get it out

have someone help you and so they can see berter which ways they were put through and try to feed em back out the way they went in

u may not get em all

byt ecery 1 yopu get out will be better off

then leave the roots loose tll thery tighten on their own! thats cery importabnt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Erin2
@erin2
12 years ago
29 posts

I made the interlocking mistake too - more than once. I've got a huge loop at the base of a dread that will eventually become two dreads as soon as the one side is long enough to fit into a ponytail. I'm going to have to cut it because it's basically two dreads that meet at the tips now. I can literally fit this loop around my wrist like a bracelet and it sucks trying to run my over my hair because a finger or two will get caught in the loop! That's the worst case scenario. I don't think your hair is going to fall out from this one mistake. It will be okay!

It looks like you can still salvage most of them if not all. You're taking action on it early which is good because the loops haven't gotten big yet or had a chance to tangle into everything and become permanent.

Your dreads are beautiful by the way. I love the colors.

Kimmy Activatur
@kimmy-activatur
12 years ago
3 posts

My god, thank you so much!! I've been looking everywhere for a reply as helpful as this!

Erin said:

I made the interlocking mistake too - more than once. I've got a huge loop at the base of a dread that will eventually become two dreads as soon as the one side is long enough to fit into a ponytail. I'm going to have to cut it because it's basically two dreads that meet at the tips now. I can literally fit this loop around my wrist like a bracelet and it sucks trying to run my over my hair because a finger or two will get caught in the loop! That's the worst case scenario. I don't think your hair is going to fall out from this one mistake. It will be okay!

It looks like you can still salvage most of them if not all. You're taking action on it early which is good because the loops haven't gotten big yet or had a chance to tangle into everything and become permanent.

Your dreads are beautiful by the way. I love the colors.

Erin2
@erin2
12 years ago
29 posts

Glad I could help :) Any success with undoing the loops?

Kimmy Activatur
@kimmy-activatur
12 years ago
3 posts

Some, but I'm not sure if I did it right :/Do you have any pictures of your dreads that I can see? Thank you so much again by the way, you're brilliant :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the 1's u got out will be better off it might be too late to get the rest out if so just leave em

well unless u can get em

but dont if u think its doing more harm then good undoing em

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yeah, if you can get them out, do it. But if not, don't worry so much. I did the interlocking thing more than once and have never lost a lock due to it yet. And that was 5 years ago. What weakened my locks was when I tied a knot in one. Otherwise they are strong as ever. Maybe not as much as if I didn't interlock, but I haven't had any problems

Your locks look fine. I think you're worrying a little more than you need to about one little mistake. That's the beauty of locks. They do tend to fix themselves and take care of themselves.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

interlocking and tying a knot do pretty much the same thing create that weak point

but a thick dread is very very strong 30% weaker is still very strong even 70% weaker would take alot to break any as thick as yours

but add 3 knots in a row (or interlock over and over) and you get a week area that has no shock absorption

what that means is if u had that 1 weak spot thats still going to take hundreds of pounds to break theres some shock absorption above and below that can take the stretch out without it snapping but if theres 3 inches that are all as weak and doesnt stretch it way more likely to break at a lower pressure

and yea alotta people interlock without losing dreadss it just does increae the chances but mostly when its done over and over

one interlock will just cause that weird vigzag and that area will be somewhat weaker (30% or more) but thats till going to take a serious yank ., much more then youd normaly encounter to cause itto break

Baba Fats said:

Yeah, if you can get them out, do it. But if not, don't worry so much. I did the interlocking thing more than once and have never lost a lock due to it yet. And that was 5 years ago. What weakened my locks was when I tied a knot in one. Otherwise they are strong as ever. Maybe not as much as if I didn't interlock, but I haven't had any problems

Your locks look fine. I think you're worrying a little more than you need to about one little mistake. That's the beauty of locks. They do tend to fix themselves and take care of themselves.

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form