Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bar or Liquid Shampoo?

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts

Heey, i've been wondering about ordering some of the shampoo they got on Dreadlockshampoo.com, and i was just curious about wither to get soap bars or liquid?

I've had my dread in 14 months tomorrow so they ain't new, but still loads of loose hais and such. And also dreading probably takes some more time since i used wax (And ofc i will be ordering the B-Gone wax removal stuff :)

And also, do anyone got some instructions on how to use the stuff? (Bars/Liquid, lock up gel and wax remover?)

updated by @lazdaa: 01/13/15 09:20:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the bars make me plenty knotty and have to separate a lot more now

the liquid is for those who are dreading real slow

the gels great to start dreads knotting

and the wax removers good to remove wax

instructions

bar

rub on head lather rinse

liquid pour a lil on rub and rinse (young dreads especially only rub the scalp not hair rinse thru the hair)

gel dip a finger in apply near roots and with a gentle twisting motion wipe it from root to tip (the twisting shouldnt be tight only a 1/q to full twist the whole length (if 6-10 inches)

wax b gone

dip 2 fingers in apply to wet hair rub in deep as you can leave in 5-10 minutes then wash out with very hot water and shampoo/soap to remove any excess residues

repeat for heavy buildup if needed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts
Well my dreads are pretty much dreaded. i dont got enough loose hair to make more i guess,..But i've got some dreads that aint dreaded at the middle to the tips of it yet. But i dont know if i should get the bar or liquid
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
12 years ago
336 posts

From your pictures it looks like you'd be good with the bar. Bar lasts a lot longer than the liquid and now that my hair is mostly knotted, it works well for me, plus I LOVE the smell (I get Dragon's blood) and it stays with me for a few days till I wash again']

Justin Roundy
@justin-roundy
12 years ago
10 posts

I twist & ripped my hair. I've only had my dreads for 3.5 months but the roots are all real tight- some of the roots actually came undone and then re-dreaded already and I have some long loose hair along the edges of my hair line but not too much. would you all recommend the bar? I like the sound of the bar because I've been using peppermint&teatree doctor bronners with rosemary oil and it helped my flaky scalp but didn't completely solve the problem. It sounds like the bar does a better job.

princenoobsauce
@princenoobsauce
12 years ago
56 posts

Looks to me that you (Laz and Justin) are far enough along to use the bar. Thanks for considering using our stuff! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)

Justin Roundy
@justin-roundy
12 years ago
10 posts

Thanks! I just ordered a bar, I'm looking forward to it :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form