Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ahhhhhhh

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

im getting kind of frustrated withmy roots. my dreads are all combining at the roots.. and now that they are all unraveling the loose hairs are getting sucked up in dreads not even close to them lol.. but i started seperating in the shower and its a lot easier than when my hair is dry. but after it dries its in the same mess again. is seperating all i can do? cuz im afraid that one day im gona wake up and have a big ol fat dread on the side of my hair on my scalp.

updated by @lindsey3: 01/13/15 09:19:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can bead the roots or wrap the bottom inch but seperatings all u need try seperating after the shower while still wet instead of in the shower

u might b gettinh em retangled while showering so do itafter and its easier

what r u washing with and how are u scrubbing

possibly if you scrub alot aggressively your encouraging it?

guessing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

well i seperateafter i washed my hair in the shower. i use the liquid dread shampoo &i just put some in my hand and wash my scalp. i meanis there a secioal way to wash it? i mean i just do it the same way iive done all my life lol.. i try not to be rough cuz they arent even amonth old yet..

i would have to bead dang near every singe dread on the sides of my head.. its weird its only on the sides. like if i grab one and raise it 2 or 3 others rise too.. idk im gona hold off on the beads cuz it would be uncomfortable to sleep with a bead on every dread lol.. ill jsut keep seperating and see what happens. im not all that worried its just frustrating and i DONT want a giant mat on either side of my head! lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u cab=n try wraps wich arent uncon[mfy byut might leave thin sposts if u dont take em off every so often

but yea its just part of the process especialy with fast dreading u gotta seoerate more often

everyone wants to dread in a hurry then complains when they do haha

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

seriously lol! i cut back on how much i was separating, i noticed a while back that my tiny dreads have to group together in twos at least, otherwise if i kept separating them they would stop at that point.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

you'd really only have to put a bead on every other one. find the locks that tend to tangle together and put a bead on one or two of them. You don't need to separate them all, just a few and the others won't tangle with them

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

I am having the exact same problem as you.

The side of the head you sleep on needs more separating, and you probably sleep on your side, not on your back or stomach. Am I right? :)

I beaded a few of them, so it would be easier to find my way around them. Something like 'Okay, blue glass bead, now I am at the third one southwest from it...', or something like that. :D

And they don't make sleeping uncomfortable, not even the biggest one I have, which is about 2 cm wide.

Anyway, I figured there is no other way to get around this than to just separate. I just noticed that I do not need to do it every day (as I thought I had to, considering their activity, and my desire to have dreads, not a dread). I do a general separation about once a week, maaaybe two times (on rare occasions when I'm bored), but all in all, I just shake my head, notice some parts are moving funny, check them out, and when I see a few that are joining, I separate them.

This is what they need to do now, and separating them is what I need to do. I kinda hope this is just temporary, and that they'll calm down when they become fully formed. :)

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

Rainbow i do sleep on my side(s) im constantly moving in my sleep.. and when im not asleep! i can never sit still lol. thats a good idea tho. to put a couple in there like baba said just so i know the "trouble spots".

i only seperate a couple of times a week. im not after perfect looking dreads, i just dont want to loose track of them and wind up with flat mat on the sides of my head hehe :) that wouldnt be ideal, nor very comfy.

SE man i didnt know if i twist and ripped my hair itwould speed it up thaat much! if iwoulda known that i wouldajustwent neglect.. but hey too late now ;) im not reallyconcerned how fast they dread i was expecting it to take a while.. and thats ok with me! i like seeing allthe different things that happen, its fun! i wasnt complaining.. sorry ifit soundedthat way.. just wondering if there was things other than seperating that would help a little.. and it sounds like ill just put some beads on em! i found some at walmart. they were like 5 bucks for a big thing of wooden beads. good thing too cuz if they get stuck i wont care about breaking them to get them out or anything.. if i leave them in long enough to get stuck that is!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form