Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lint & stuff getting stuck in baby dreads

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

Hmmmm, I keep finding knotty ends that on closer inspection are actually knots formed around bits of fluff and lint. i have had to remove the end knots of a few dreads as the bits of crap could not be teased out with tweezers. Yick!

I am a very hygienic person and keep my dreads super clean so I don't understand why, but it does all seem to look like it comes from one particular wooly jumper...

I saw someone with dreads the other day and they had visible balls of fluff fully imbedded in the ends of their locs, which was gross.

But not all of my dreads are long enough for me to look at the ends closely, so what about them?! I'm guessing mature dreads don't get stuff stuck in them because they are tight?

updated by @rachel-nattydee: 02/15/15 07:37:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive had my dreads 21 almost 22 years they drag on the ground i had tons of lint that became pretty visible at 1st i though t of it as just adding color so didnt bother with it

i tried picking it out when it got bad but it tore the hair up too much so i dyed it with tea or cofee to hide it that works well except the baking soda stripped the color too fast

i switched to the www.dreadlockshampoo.com bar and just the other day i scrubbed the whole length of my dreads with it and it removed almost every bu=it even tho it was deep seeted in the for many years

id try that 1st then try the tea to dye it

try to avouid sweatters towels pillowcases that leave lint

and if u cant a satin wrap will prevent u from getting any

i dont mind some as long as its not like the ends are white and covered

it was getting bad so i did something about it i was going to use the tea after scrubbing but was blown away by how well the dreadlockshampoo removed it all pretty much

i found out also most of it came from one particular floor which wasnt always the cleanest so now when i go in thatr room i wear my tam

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

Yeah i'm worried that if anything other than my hair gets knotted in that it will hold dirt, plus i don't think it's all natural materials, if you know it's pure wool or cotton thats a bit different.

I seriously want to try the new shampoo but i'm in the uk and the shipping costs are prohibitive - we need a uk distributor!

soaring eagle said:

ive had my dreads 21 almost 22 years they drag on the ground i had tons of lint that became pretty visible at 1st i though t of it as just adding color so didnt bother with it

i tried picking it out when it got bad but it tore the hair up too much so i dyed it with tea or cofee to hide it that works well except the baking soda stripped the color too fast

i switched to the www.dreadlockshampoo.com bar and just the other day i scrubbed the whole length of my dreads with it and it removed almost every bu=it even tho it was deep seeted in the for many years

it was getting bad so i did something about it i was going to use the tea after scrubbing but was blown away by how well the dreadlockshampoo removed it all pretty much

i found out also most of it came from one particular floor which wasnt always the cleanest so now when i go in thatr room i wear my tam

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

be 1 then

set up a shop

do bulk orders and sell em on your shop

shes done bulk to new zealand to set up a distributor there
and i dunno how shipping would work across europe but possibkl]=ly you could cover the whole european continent with reasioonable shipping>?

Rachel NattyDee said:

Yeah i'm worried that if anything other than my hair gets knotted in that it will hold dirt, plus i don't think it's all natural materials, if you know it's pure wool or cotton thats a bit different.

I seriously want to try the new shampoo but i'm in the uk and the shipping costs are prohibitive - we need a uk distributor!

soaring eagle said:

--
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

i have the same problem expect that ghe stuff that gets dreaded into my dreads are my dogs hair.hes a husky, for those who dont know, huskies shed a lot of hair.

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I'm worried about that when my dreads start to mature. I have a corgi and he has a double coat...I love him, but not that much! :)

Andres said:

i have the same problem expect that ghe stuff that gets dreaded into my dreads are my dogs hair.hes a husky, for those who dont know, huskies shed a lot of hair.

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

i hear you, summer is around the corner in new york. haha unlike you i love him that much. but, who knows, if i see the problem get to the point were its very visible i might have suck it up. i don't think what eagle did will help me. my husky is white/brown. who knows i might like the fact that my dog will alway sbe with me.

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

Sadly I cant, I've got my hands full with 2 jobs, plus i'm self employed, i'm a single mum and I have a dog - I barely get time to wash my own dreads!

soaring eagle said:

be 1 then

set up a shop

do bulk orders and sell em on your shop

shes done bulk to new zealand to set up a distributor there
and i dunno how shipping would work across europe but possibkl]=ly you could cover the whole european continent with reasioonable shipping>?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and if you made a fw hundred a week from home just dropping things in the mail wouldnt you be able to quite a job and have more time?

think about it filling 5 orders a day wont take long at all

filling 20 orders a day will take a lil time but will ne a decent profit

and untill your making as much as u ar at the jovb it wont take all that much time out of the day

but just an idea someone else will do it if u dont... someday

--
Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

'this time next year we'll be millionaires' lol xxx

soaring eagle said:

and if you made a fw hundred a week from home just dropping things in the mail wouldnt you be able to quite a job and have more time?

think about it filling 5 orders a day wont take long at all

filling 20 orders a day will take a lil time but will ne a decent profit

and untill your making as much as u ar at the jovb it wont take all that much time out of the day

but just an idea someone else will do it if u dont... someday

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form