Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Extension (sortof)

superstrut
@superstrut
12 years ago
7 posts
Ok, so I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but here goes.I want to attach someone else's cut dread to mine. My girlfriend gave me one of her old dreads a while ago when we were just getting to know each other and I want to attach it to one of mine for her birthday. I don't want to add it to the end of mine cause its a good 3-4 inches longer than mine which would make it hang way way down and be the only thing that long so I was thinking I could attach it somehow to the root/base of my dread so it would be closer to the length of mine, just hangin past a little bit.I was thinking maybe trying to intertwine it with my roots as much as I can, then put a wrap or bead right at where they meet (it'd be two dreads, mine and hers, coming out of one root) but I'm not sure how stable that would be.Any ideas? Would crochet be appropriate in this situation (I wouldn't even have a clue how to do this anyway)? Has anyone been successful doing something like this?
updated by @superstrut: 01/13/15 09:19:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt crochet!

comb out the roots a couple inches then wrap the roots together at the base a inch to 2 the longer the better so it rally has alot to dread together and hold it while it does

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i mean comb out the roots of hers not yours ofcourse and wrap hemp or embrouidery thread around the 2

just want to be clear so u dont comb out your roots then try wrapping her roots round yours haha

--
Terrance Lynn Williams
@terrance-lynn-williams
12 years ago
10 posts

true love Dread Style

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

AWW that is so sweet! : ) it reallyis true love dread style ^^ lol

superstrut
@superstrut
12 years ago
7 posts
Thank you SE! I wouldn't have thought to comb out the base of her dread. I think that will make it stay much better.She is a special girl. Thank you!
Brandy :]
@brandy
12 years ago
106 posts

that is the most romantic thing ever! awwww! i would never suggest doing this with a plain ol dread extension but its your GIRLFRENDS DREAD, omg that is just too cute.lol

superstrut
@superstrut
12 years ago
7 posts

Update: I installed her dread and she loves it! I had an issue on the first time i tried to put it in, and it fell out like 4 hours later. I ended up having to comb out 5-6cm or so then take some serious time getting that intertwined with the root of my dread. I then wrapped it in hemp twine and slid a large bead almost up to where they both come out of the wrap. It seems to be working perfectly. I have washed it twice and it doesn't feel as though its getting loose (I could tell almostimmediatelywhen it was getting loose the firsttime).

She had waxed hers pretty good so I gave it a good wash in dawn and hot water before I put it in too. She saw it the first time and could tell the difference. Its funny, she is starting to come around to me letting my hair 'do its own thing' and has noticed them changing daily. Hers is getting loopies already. I told her that that is a good thing, it just means they are tightening and dreading.

Anyway, all worked wonders. If anyone ever needs to do something similar,intertwining, wrapping and a bead will do the job!

And pics:

Hers is the darker hair, mine is the red hair. On the last pic you can see it hangin down past any of mine.

updated by @superstrut: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

glad it worked

my best freinds got a peice of 1 of mine h=in her drasds and she just attasched it with abarette and let it fuse that way

(the barrette had already been permanently fused into her dread for years)

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form