Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi, i'm Kelley, and my dreads are just babies, 2 days old :)

Kelley
@kelley
12 years ago
7 posts

Like most people on this site, i'm glad I found it. I had almost commited to the wax and crap they sell on line. I am very happy to say my babies are 2 days old, no chemicals, no wax!!

I have been on a hell of a journey the last 3 years. I used to think I had control...I would plan every last detail and just make it work. I realized in 2008 that no matter how much I plan for, shit gets through the loopholes. SoI have been slowly transforming into aperson Inever imagined.

So,my dread story. I've been checking this site out for amonth or so. I asked my hubby how he felt about dreads, and he said it wasn't his favorite choice (he liked my long silky hair) but he would support whatever I wanted to do. (he's always been that way...it'sone of the million reasons he is awesome) Well, he's been looking over my shoulder as I've beenthrough this site MANY times.I've had them 2 days now and he LOVES them! He did some palm rollingon a few of my dreads last night, and hewas pointing out certain ones that he likes, evenusing the word 'phattie'. So funny!We went shopping yesterday and he picked out a couple tams for me :)

My mind is opening up...I am excited about growing intomy new self. Having to let it go and just be...this is goona be one hell of a ride!

I love the stories here. I feel so comfortable on this site. You are all beautiful.

updated by @kelley: 01/13/15 09:19:36PM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Welcome :) glad you found the site and didn't use any wax. How did you start them? Anyway, pretty much everyone here is like you in the sense that it's become a journey for them, whether they thought it would be or not. Enjoy it!

Bexie Boo
@bexie-boo
12 years ago
2 posts

welcome to the site!
Im new hereas well, my dreads are only 5 days old!

:]

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Welcome, glad you joined us. Really glad that your husband is coming around and liking them. How did you start them?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelley
@kelley
12 years ago
7 posts

I did the tnr method. (without much ripping) My hair is long, and I had it dyed blonde on top and black underneath. I dreaded the blonde on top, left the black underneath straight. Because it's layered, it looks awesome. I decided not to color it or dye it, just dread it. I wanted to stay natural without chemicals as much as possible. I woke up this morning and the first thing my husband said was they were beautiful! Thank you for having this website :)

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
Hi and congrats on your new baby dreads! :) Mine are almost two months twist and rip. Expect em to come really loose before tightening back up. Some days will look more promising than others. Enjoy the journey!
Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

welcome! we love you!! im glad you started your dreading <3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form