Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

paying for your dreads to be done but not a salon!

Jack Talbot
@jack-talbot
15 years ago
4 posts
i have ben looking into different ways of making dreads and the one route i am thinking about taking is going to a woman who is going to do them for me in her living room. is this a good option? or shall i try another way.
updated by @jack-talbot: 02/14/15 11:24:22AM
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
Do you know what method she plans to use?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
it depends on what exactly shes going to doif shes not going to use wax or othrer crap or crochet it might be okask her every single thing ske plans on doing including any and all products shes planning on using as well as what if any follow up maintenance/retightenings shes going to recomendalso..price ..your probly bertter off doing them youirself with a freind tho..or going natural is always best..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jack Talbot
@jack-talbot
15 years ago
4 posts
ok i got in touch with her and she said she uses her own homemade wax ( which sounds abit dodgy already :/) she said i need to have this when making first time dreads because i wont be able to maintain them perfectly. this true? she then backcombs the hair in sections and uses some sort of tool to make nots. then croushe hook to tighten them. does this make sense or is it gonna be a complete waste of time for me??
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
15 years ago
219 posts
I really don't think you'll be happy with it, anytime you use "tools and waxes" you cause damage to your hair. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Just stop combing and brushing and let your hair dread naturally, less is more as far as dreads are concerned Brother. Jack Talbot said:
ok i got in touch with her and she said she uses her own homemade wax ( which sounds abit dodgy already :/) she said i need to have this when making first time dreads because i wont be able to maintain them perfectly. this true? she then backcombs the hair in sections and uses some sort of tool to make nots. then croushe hook to tighten them. does this make sense or is it gonna be a complete waste of time for me??
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
dont sdo it!wax bad crochet bad the tool id=s used for interlocking..badsaying you have to use wax..badbackcombing well its niot great but since its so popular its understandable that shed think it was good so we can forgive her for thatcall her back and tell her wax destroys dreads its the worse thing you can do..crochet as well is exteremely damaging and makes low maintenance dreads into very high maintenance dreads.;tell her if she wants to learn the trutrh and how to make dreads without harming them ir causing them to be gross sticky moldy messes she can visit this site..but untill she learnes a better safer way you will never recomend anyone use her or anyone who uses wax or crochet Jack Talbot said:

--
Jack Talbot
@jack-talbot
15 years ago
4 posts
Cheers for helping my decide. think i have choosen not to go and see her. im so glad i found this forum :) hepled me out in quite alot of ways.
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
.ASK QUESTIONS!!!! Write them down if you have too!! Most people charge 400-500$ and to keep going back thats a lot of money!! I'm pretty positive that you would have no problem doing them yourself though!!!! Have a dread party with some friends!!! Its a lot easier than you think!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
tell her if shes willing to concider learning non hasrmful ways she cxan join us and be 1 of the 1st to earn ourt "certified organic" rating for non harmful locticians..now my recomendation for youstart the natural process today while you look for help from a freind to twist snd ripif it takes a few weeks ti find a freind u may already get dreads beforee u fid help..if not then do ther parts u can reach yourself then have the frein=d watch what u do on the last few and do the parts u cant reach ore see easily Jack Talbot said:
Cheers for helping my decide. think i have choosen not to go and see her. im so glad i found this forum :) hepled me out in quite alot of ways.

--
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Wow OMG homeade wax? whats in it... BRO wtf is she gonna do to your hair?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form