Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I need ideas/help!

Catie Kilpatrick
@catie-kilpatrick
12 years ago
1 posts

I have been wanting dreads for years! But, Being how spontanious i am. I got all my hair cut off (well sort of.) i still want dreads. would it look okay if started with the font of my head and moved my way to the back? or should i just wait till it all grows out.

updated by @catie-kilpatrick: 01/13/15 09:19:29PM
ashley roseman
@ashley-roseman
12 years ago
9 posts
Just start using the bucks county soap for dreads and let them start forming!!! I kind of wish i would have had short hair in a way when I started mine because they shrunk sooooo much. My hair was at my waist and now its at my shoulders. Since your hair is short i dont think it would shrink as much as mine. But dont take my word on the shrinkage fully :) Go for it!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

It's plenty long enough now, just stop combing and conditioning and let it dread. You Only Need need 6 inches and you have at least that. And she's right the longer it is the more shrinks. Mine was half as long as yours when I started.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Denver Lee
@denver-lee
12 years ago
21 posts

thats about the same length I have and I just started mine 2 weeks ago. Good luck, dreads are fun

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm the same as Eagle. I started my locks when my hair was 3-4 inches long. And they are now over a foot each.

Yours will be fine. They'll shrink a little, but they will really quickly explode and grow super fast. And with your hair shorter in the back, you'll avoid a mullet look

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form