Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not sure if brush rub is working

Dynamic_Hate
@spaceace
12 years ago
8 posts
So I'm very new to the dreads scene and finally decided to take that plunge. I'm african american and my hair is about an inch and a half but my hair is also fairly fine for being black. So I figured that I'd take a shot at the brush rub method since it seemed fairly easy. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or wrong or if my hair just just doesn't behave. When I do it my hair looks a lot like I've twisted it but only kinda knots up at the tips. Is that normal our should I try a different method? Also, I hear neglect is pretty much the easiest way to go and I would love to try it but I can't do it since my job has strict codes on appearance so I have to go with a method that looks presentable. Thanks in advance.
updated by @spaceace: 01/13/15 09:19:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Well first of all the brush rub is a very poor method, neglect is definitely better. Your jobs appearance codes cannot interfere with your civil rights. If you wanted to neglect you have the rights to if you choose to dread for spiritual or religious reason which spiritual reasons is a broad concept they cannot tell you cannot dread or make you have to keep them presentable. Once you brush rub them then just stop and let them dread if you keep rubbing them you're just rubbing away any knots. All brush rubbing does is creates you little knots in the tips from their they just dread. Give them some time. They will dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dynamic_Hate
@spaceace
12 years ago
8 posts
Thanks for the reply and that is what it's doing it is just the tips that are knotting up. I'll leave then alone and see where it goes. I'll add some pictures soon too. Thanks again.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form