Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Every discussion you will ever have about your dreadlocks

Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
Them: So how did you make those things anywayYou: You just stop brushing and combing your hair and it eventually gets like this.Them: Do you wash it *disgusted face*?You: Yeah but thats the only thing you do to it. No combing no brushingThem: Arent you supposed to use __________ (dreadwax, beeswax, eggs, rubber cement, glue, latex, dog shit, plutonium, eye of newt, arsenic, PCP, liquid AIDS)You: Your not supposed to use them, some people do but its bad for the dreads in the long run.Them: Your an idiot.*sigh*no real point to this thread. Just tired of the ignorance
updated by @daniel: 11/13/21 05:06:44PM
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lolI love your sense of humor...eye of newt lolYour sense of humor is a powerful arsenal against the ignorant attacks of the dimwitted. Of course they most likely dont even realize they are attacking you. Most people are so desensitized by violence, rationalized public hate speak, and general degeneration that they really think what they are saying is normal and civil.Just remember that people can only ever treat you as nicely as they treat themselves. And take a look around at what most people are putting themselves through on a daily basis. They get themselves into such a deep hole that they get so used to the darkness that they actually like it there. So if you ever try to show them any light they will become blindly enraged and lash out at you.My favorite concept in "The Matrix" is that everyone who chooses to be part of the matrix is a potential agent. That idea is ever present especially these days lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
wellquote from johny clean of dreadheadhq (taken off his twitter) When we lie we become a slave to our lie. It's then our responsibility to maintain it, which almost always requires more liesso..good ol johny and his crew have flooded the web with so many lkies they are commonly accepted as truthsontop of that theres thousands of others who just like making ddreads look gross (read yahoo or wiki answers and if they dont say use wax they say stop washing and most say eww gross)there are very few sites like this 1 that really do spread the truthso really you cant blame the ppl you talk to for ignorance, they have been horribly misinformed by many many sources.. not only the lies of johny, but the lies of dread haters too.dont get angry dont come back with smart ass remarks just be patient with them and re-educate them.. the truth will spread as long as we spread truthone day the mountains of lies will crumble when the lies no longer have enough support to hold them up..take every one of those conversations as an opurtunity to take a chip away at the mountain of lies.. when the foundation is weakened enoug it will collapse under its oewn weight..after all how many lies can johny possibly come up with to suport his original lies?sooner or later he will be burried under the weight of all the lies hes told

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
problem is they approach me curious about something that im doing. They have preconceived notions about something theyve never done and its impossible to change their mind. Its a lose lose scenario. I can try to tell them something or dispel a myth (read: lie) or i can just shut up and not deal with being called out by people who have no idea what their talking about
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
and if you shut your mouth then they go away ignorant and again spread the lie to others which increases the number who approach with the sanme questionsure not all will liste4n to reason but some will every 1 whos mind ya change is 1 less to spread the lies.. and concidering how many thoudsands a day hear lies we need to change every mind we can.. Daniel said:
problem is they approach me curious about something that im doing. They have preconceived notions about something theyve never done and its impossible to change their mind. Its a lose lose scenario. I can try to tell them something or dispel a myth (read: lie) or i can just shut up and not deal with being called out by people who have no idea what their talking about

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lolI get people who come up to me alllll the time about my diet. Some people are genuinely curious and they seem to be perceptive to some small degree. However there are people who are macrobiotic, or auyrvedic, or whatever other diet and they approach me with questions for which they are already equipped to argue about lol.Even other raw foodists who are bought and sold into the "raw superfoods" scams, will try to do the same thing. Most people who ask questions dont really want you to answer them. They are only setting themselves up for a well rehearsed rebuttal. Its like when you are playing a 2 player game but you are controlling both controllers. They only want to play with themselves. lolLet them play and chase their own tail while you listen, learn, grow and evolve. Daniel said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
when ya want em to stop playing games, take the controllers away.you control the conversation when you use truth to shut down lies. Didjeridurian said:
lol I get people who come up to me alllll the time about my diet. Some people are genuinely curious and they seem to be perceptive to some small degree. However there are people who are macrobiotic, or auyrvedic, or whatever other diet and they approach me with questions for which they are already equipped to argue about lol.
Even other raw foodists who are bought and sold into the "raw superfoods" scams, will try to do the same thing. Most people who ask questions dont really want you to answer them. They are only setting themselves up for a well rehearsed rebuttal. Its like when you are playing a 2 player game but you are controlling both controllers. They only want to play with themselves. lol
Let them play and chase their own tail while you listen, learn, grow and evolve.

Daniel said:

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
nice thought but my point is that they are not looking for the truth. You can only see, find, and/or appreciate truth when you are looking for it.Best to turn that desire to show truth inward and improve your own self. Your example will be a brighter beacon than your words 100% of the time. soaringeagle said:
when ya want em to stop playing games, take the controllers away.
you control the conversation when you use truth to shut down lies.

Didjeridurian said:
lol I get people who come up to me alllll the time about my diet. Some people are genuinely curious and they seem to be perceptive to some small degree. However there are people who are macrobiotic, or auyrvedic, or whatever other diet and they approach me with questions for which they are already equipped to argue about lol.
Even other raw foodists who are bought and sold into the "raw superfoods" scams, will try to do the same thing. Most people who ask questions dont really want you to answer them. They are only setting themselves up for a well rehearsed rebuttal. Its like when you are playing a 2 player game but you are controlling both controllers. They only want to play with themselves. lol
Let them play and chase their own tail while you listen, learn, grow and evolve.

Daniel said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
they are not lookingfor truth because they think they already know the truth...show them they are wring (with kindness not insults)in your food example theres reasons to believe each one macrobiotic raw etc is truth and perhaps each is somewhatbut in the dread question dreads being dirty dreads needing wax truth and lies are more absolute and easily explained. Didjeridurian said:
nice thought but my point is that they are not looking for the truth. You can only see, find, and/or appreciate truth when you are looking for it.
Best to turn that desire to show truth inward and improve your own self. Your example will be a brighter beacon than your words 100% of the time.

soaringeagle said:
when ya want em to stop playing games, take the controllers away.
you control the conversation when you use truth to shut down lies.

Didjeridurian said:

Daniel said:

--
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
That happens all the time.And some guy in one of my classes asks me every day "Is it working?" and I always have to say yes. One day, I'm going to be sarcastic and just say "no", just to see what he says.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form