Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Using all natural cleaners, and household items. HELP PLEASE :)

Brandy :]
@brandy
12 years ago
106 posts

So about a month ago my soulmate and I went vegetarian, To further in our spirituality, help align our chakras, to stop consuming the steroids, pesticides and other things that are put in our meat nowadays, and to not take part in the slaughter of a ton of animals, healthy body healthy mind type thing :) stopped eating processedanything, its been all natural organic, and meat free for about a month now and as Im cleaning today i cant help but think all these cleaners (bleach spray, windex, tub cleaner, orange wood duster) is good for me to be breathing in or the environment/earth. I know i can buy natural cleaners at the store but they are a littlepricey, is there cleaners i can make tosubstitutethese products? but im not opposed to buying the natural ones from the store. and as far as paper towels and toilet paper. should i just use rags and sponges to clean with and hand towels for eating instead of paper towels? and what to do about toilet paper or garbage bags? should i not feel bad about using these things?becausei do, i feel like changing the way i clean my home isnecessaryfor the life i want to live, as far as doing everything i can to not add to destroying the environment. My soulmate and I have already changed our bad eating habits, what we wash ourselves with (i make out hair and body wash, we use baking soda for our teeth, stopped using deodorant all together {havent really had odor since we stopped eating junk} btw baking soda is okay to use right? ) lol anyways, Im sure a lot of people on the site have made these same changes in their lifestyles, so was wondering if i could get some MANY tips? lol thankyou

-A desperate dirty hippie

updated by @brandy: 02/14/15 09:59:30AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Dr. Bronner's replace almost every cleaning products. You can use vinegar for some cleaning and baking soda. You can compost and recycle without bags paper towels yes use rags washcloths. As far as Toilet paper, there's always the vetic methods I think it's called, is using water in your hand. Doesn't sound too nice to me that but I know friends who swear by it. Actually it would be more cleaning, less smearing it around the way paper does

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/10/clean-up-your-act-all-natural-homemade-cleaners/

we use mostly baking soda & vinegar, make my own laundry soap, dishwasher soap & am learning to make soap bars. love a lot of that list though. we use family cloth for all messes, but still use toilet paper & garbage bags.

@brandy
12 years ago
106 posts
THANKYOU so much both of you :) SE that is soooo awesome about the dr.bronners, i have a whole bottle of the peppermint liquid i cant use on my hair because i have hard water, so what do i do just put it in a bucket of hot water and done? and since id be using rags to clean with i would need to put em in the washer right after cleaning? Ixchel, that list is GREAT! tell me, how do you make your laundry soap? thankyou guys i shall from now on only endure healthy happy cleaning :) sometimes i felt like i couldnt breath because of the bleach im really sensitive to the smell of bleach :x
@brandy
12 years ago
106 posts

and SE although im sure your right about the cleaning part being better, i think ill stick with just using toilet paper :) hahahahaha. dont they like make toilets that shoot water up there so you dont have to use toilet paper? lmao that sounds uncomfortable.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

right now i have 3 jars of the dry mixture on from this site
http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2011/07/brand-name-laundry-detergents-last.html

i haven't tried any of the liquid mixtures tho

& they totally make toilets that squirt you, it's called a bidet, i believe it's french in orgin?

Brandy :] said:

and SE although im sure your right about the cleaning part being better, i think ill stick with just using toilet paper :) hahahahaha. dont they like make toilets that shoot water up there so you dont have to use toilet paper? lmao that sounds uncomfortable.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

it is french. Not sure how well they work though. They sound nice, but I'd still trust toilet paper. You can get some that is recycled so you're no using virgin wood. That's always better. And they've gotten much better with making it softer. It's not like the old stuff that was like wiping with sand paper

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

wiping with sand paper made me cringe lol.

i think a toilet squirting water on my butt would make me jump every time. i would never get used to that lol. i'll still with tp, but i think i'll look into the recycled stuff thanks :)

Baba Fats said:

it is french. Not sure how well they work though. They sound nice, but I'd still trust toilet paper. You can get some that is recycled so you're no using virgin wood. That's always better. And they've gotten much better with making it softer. It's not like the old stuff that was like wiping with sand paper

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

7th generation is a good brand. Pretty big and well known too. They make all sorts of cleaners, paper products, soaps and detergents. Their laundry detergent is actually really good

@brandy
12 years ago
106 posts

thankyouz! i would most definitely jump everytime if i had a squirting toilet..unless it was warm water, that might be nice.lol but yes ill stick with my 97 cents for 4 rolls kroger brand TP. I saw some recycled toilet paper at The Fresh Market (where even though its an AMAZING store, i stopped buying from there because they dont participate with the link food stamps program, to me that is discrimination) and it was 6 dollars and some cents, too much dollar for me.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form