Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

neglect & backcomb timeline (22 MONTH UPDATE! New pics in comments section)

Paige
@paige
12 years ago
52 posts

I haven't brushed my hair for two days and my hair has sectioned itself pretty nicely I think. I took pictures of the sides and back yesterday and today. As for the parts that I backcombed, the very first one I made around three weeks ago I discovered a hard lil knot at the top which was not there yesterday! So that makes me happy.

Here's the back of my head on days one and two:

The left side day 1 and day 2:

And the right side day 1 and day 2:

I washed my hair today though and it's drying right now, so some of the sections might have come undone, or alternatively it could've made some knots. I'll find out when it dries!

I'll keep taking pictures and update this thread in a couple days. peace :)

EDIT 2/22/12:

Hey everyone! Now I'm at day 8. I took some pictures at day 5 but they were accidentally deleted. Anyway, here's day 8 from the side (don't remember which side)

You can see some pretty separated strands here. Many of the strands have small knots at the bottom. One strand has a big knot at the bottom! I put a bead on that one just so I could remember where it was. Another one doesn't have a big knot but looks like its on it's way, it's very rough.

Here's day 8 from the back:

Haha, that was a lot easier than the way I was doing it with a self timer before!

And here's what my hair has been looking like from the front, also taken today:

I expected it to look a lot messier than it actually is. Anyway I'm enjoying this journey so far. :)

updated by @paige: 02/14/15 03:53:13AM
Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

They're starting out great your gonna have some very nice dreads :] hope to see them later on when they really start to form

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Any progress in days is good progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Paige
@paige
12 years ago
52 posts

Instead of letting the original post get much longer, i'll update in the comments.

Here I am day 9, found a fun way to tie my hair back since i've been avoiding ponytails, using my existing backcombed dreads to tie back the rest of my hair! it's fun to wear :)

Here's day 10:

And here's day 13, taken today:

Tomorrow is the two week mark since I stopped brushing my hair. I have about 8-10 pretty knotty chunks of hair! they don't really look like dreads but they feel real rough. it's exciting to wake up and feel new bits that have formed!

updated by @paige: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in 2 weeks thats great progress 2 more weeks and they will look way more dreaded and will double or tripple in number

--
Paige
@paige
12 years ago
52 posts

Normally I would wait a week to post more pictures but I love my hair so much today I can't help but share! I look like a pirate! :)

(ignore my dirty mirror ;)

Day 15! I feel like it's dreading faster now.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow thats so beautiful

arrrrr

speaking of arrr

pirate power!

--
Paige
@paige
12 years ago
52 posts

hey that was a pretty cool video! i would love to help people out with the rainbow family.

soaring eagle said:

wow thats so beautiful

arrrrr

speaking of arrr

pirate power!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive seen sio much good done over the years but this was the 1 that blew me away and impressed me the most

and to think they pulled that together with no organization no resp]ourses really no funding just the will and love to make it happen

btw i got dozens more vids u should check out too

--
Paige
@paige
12 years ago
52 posts

Well now I'm on day 19, almost to three weeks. Things were going good up until yesterday!

Here I am day 18:

Then I went to the beach. It was really sandy and at the end of it my hair was full of sand. I took a shower last night and scrubbed my hair really vigorously to make sure all the sand was out, normally i just do it at the roots. My hair dried and bam! The top half of the front and side is all undone and unsectioned. What a bummer!

My now smooth hair...ugh:

The front strands are totally undone, but on the sides they're only undone halfway. The back is a little undone but it's mostly good. Here's the back after it dried:

It's still a step back though compared to day 18. It's really disappointing to see so much progress disappear, but I'd rather have some knots undone than find sand in my dreads months after. And I tell myself: what can be unknotted can be knotted again!

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form