Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 months

Jenapher Grandoni
@jenapher-grandoni
12 years ago
11 posts

Hey guys, i'm currently almost 2 months into my dreadlock process, and im loosing patience fast.

updated by @jenapher-grandoni: 02/14/15 09:02:24AM
Jenapher Grandoni
@jenapher-grandoni
12 years ago
11 posts

oops, IN ADDITION TO THE TOP :

my hair is all diffeerent sizes, and the smaller the more crazy. They are SO curly, yet theyre separated into sections, etc.

It just doesnt seem like theyre doing anything
can you guys creep my pictures, and tell me what you think please?

This is SO stressful, ive been told by a girl with beautiful dreads hers NEVER Looked like mine.

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Just finished creepin' and I think things are looking great. I've seen so many other people on here going natural who don't have anywhere near the progress you do.

How did that girl start her dreads? Doesn't sound like she chose the neglect route so of course hers never looked like yours! Your dreads will never look like hers either because your dreads are yours and yours alone.

I hope you keep it up. From the looks of it you will have gorgeous dreadlocks.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

they look awesome! your dreads are unique to you so of course they don't look like that girls. different sizes is what you want. they look more natural that way.

Jenapher Grandoni
@jenapher-grandoni
12 years ago
11 posts

So you think even if theyre itty bitty, eventually theyll get hard? cause theyre wild little things right now !
and thank you so much, i know, its just i know what i want and its gunna suck if years down the road i get a result thats different, than its two years of waiting again you know?! but thank you
do yu have any advice on quick tightening?

The girl i spoke too did backcombing.
but i attempted to do the same, juts clearly not tight enough .. so now i guess theyre neglect haha

PeacewithDreads
@peacewithdreads
12 years ago
14 posts

ditto, ditto and ditto. I've been at it for 45 days and I am no where close to what you have. Everyone progresses differently. As Heather and Knots say, they are all unique. They seem to reflect a warm vibrant personality, and judging by your profile pic that's you! Hang in there!

Jenapher Grandoni
@jenapher-grandoni
12 years ago
11 posts

Thanks girl <3 ! it just sucks that i did it back combing, and it like came out .. and everyone else seems to have more luck ! good luck to you too girl !

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Two month isn't a long time, and everyone's hair is different, because there are lots of factors: hair style, lifestyle, overall health, etc. Everyone's journey is different. You'll be unhappy if you have a specific idea on how you want your dreads to look, cos you can't really control things to such a huge degree. I wanted perfect-looking dreads when I first started out, but now my favorite ones are the ones that have all these wild loops and everything. Also, the thin and little ones will dread eventually too. Just takes time. I have some random strands of hair that's grown out, and they're not dreaded, but I have some that are dreading because the loose hairs are all locking up with each other. So it'll happen. As for backcombing...eh, it almost always gets loose again, and it's better to do it loosely than to do it so hard it's harmful. Backcombing can give you a headstart, but not much of one. It's a long process, but rewarding. My favourite advice SE has given is to stop looking at and touching your dreads, just let them be, and the less you look at them, the more progress you'll see

Jenapher Grandoni
@jenapher-grandoni
12 years ago
11 posts

i knowwww i tell myself that !! <3 thanks megan! yours look awesome !

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I am 7 weeks into mine and my hair looks similar to yours...I have big spiral curl sections and maybe only 4-5 that are knotted up more like dreads. Some days I see more dready progress than others...It's like one step forward, two steps back. I was never a girly girl and didn't like styling my hair, so I am really enjoying this new wavy hair that with zero effort! Try to enjoy the journey. It will make the final outcome so much better!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form