dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Blunting tips?

Neil
@neil
12 years ago
21 posts

Hey everyone!

Just a few questions. I have been dreading my hair for a few months. Pretty happy with where everything is going. I was just wondering if there are other methods to blunting your tips other than a crochet hook, because I do not have one. It seems like everytime I get into the shower the water just undoes the tips. I know I know, dont worry, but since I have shorter hair I would like the entire thing dreaded and I am a fan of blunted tips.

Any suggestions everyone?

Thanks!

updated by @neil: 01/13/15 09:19:13PM
mayonaise
@mayonaise
12 years ago
19 posts
Theirs the palm rolling, rub the tip of your dread in the middle of your palm in like a little circle. There should be some vids on youtube for a better explanation.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They should be loose. DO you notice that when they dry, water seems to just run out of the tips? That's perfect. if you were to blunt them, water would get trapped there with no where to go. They would act like waterlogged soil. If water stays stuck in your locks for too long, they can get moldy. I've got some blunted tips that happened on their own, and it's a pain in the ass. It take me 8-10 hours to dry fully, and thats after I spend 5 minutes squeezing water out and 5-10 minutes under a blow dryer and then anouth 5-10 a few hours later.

Don't try to blunt them. It's not worth the hassle. If I could find a nice way to loosen my tips I would, but they did what they wanted to do. So I'm leaving them. but take it from someone with blunted tips, you don't want them

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Like He said, Blunted tips are way overrated. It just makes them dry five times slower, makes Them look more manufactured, and it's just not worth they look better loose anyways.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
mayonaise
@mayonaise
12 years ago
19 posts
Agreed my dreads did the same on their own its also a pain to get all the soap out when they are blunted
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Oh, and you never want to use a crochet hook on dreads for any reason!!!

--
Neil
@neil
12 years ago
21 posts

Mine arnt that thick. I feel like with a blowdryer I could do the work in about 30 min maybe.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

30 min. with a blow dryer causes a lot of heat damage. If you blowdry you are doing quick short burst.Not 30 min. If you blow dry for 30 min. You will fry your hair. Plus your dreads are young. It will thicken and dry much slower later on.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

You have to understand one thing about dreads. They are best when they are natural, African dreads dread with blunt tips. There is a reason for that, Africans come from Africa where it's hot, very dry, plus their hair doesn't let the oils travel down the hair. So it's a genetic advantage to have the hair dry slower. Caucasians come from cold climates where you want the hair to dry faster or it will mold. Let your hair dread the way it was dread it knows what it's doing without you forcing it. if it wants to blunt it will if it doesn't, don't force it

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form