Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Valerie June talks anout her locks, maintenence and spirituality.

Brandy :]
@brandy
12 years ago
106 posts

Interview of Valerie Johnson i found, she has a beautiful voice, really a loveys soul and her locks are awesome. But in this interview she explains how natural locks are the way mto go, how to take care of them (her method of cleaning is interesting) and how they are spiritual. I loled because the interviewer was just nodding her head and agreeing but you can tell is very judgemental and has no idea what Valeria is talking about, nonetheless GREAT video and good to see someone that may be of a greater influence to some people speaking the truth on natural locks.

updated by @brandy: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Landa, I just watched this video and in no way found the interviewer judgmental. What a nice, relaxing interview they had together, just two gals hanging out, shooting the breeze. What a great idea Valerie June has about a 10 year vision of seeing how you want your locks to look. Hers are inspirational

Brandy :]
@brandy
11 years ago
106 posts

in no way shape or form was i personlly attacking the interviewer, thats nice to know it wasnt how i thought, i did say nonetheless this is a great interview, hoping people would maybe focus more on that than the slightly negative thing i had to say about the interviewer, im all about doing more research before i judge so next time i will be sure to do so. i watch tthe interview now and dont really agree so much with what i had said before, thankyou for helping to change my perspective. But i must say that your comment on "'white' lockers" was as ignorant as my comment on the interviewer, and very hurtful.I know a lot of the history of dreadlocks and embrace people of every race and ethnicity to be a natural, organic being by any means, including their hair. My judgement on the interviewer was blind and non researched, of course she is interested, she also encourages natural hair, i am very sorry if the comment offended you or anyone else. But i would like to say i am a positive member of this dreadlock community and if you were to meet me would see that i am not ajudgmentalperson, i try to be present in any situation of life and see it for what it really is, though we all have our slips of bad character, everyday i meditate andemitpositive energy withingeverydecision i make hoping tosuppressmy ego, unfortunately the post you have read above did not reflect these things, i hope in the future you will not let things like this hinder your view on myself or "white lockers" everywhere. many of us are educated, and im sorry you think otherwise but maybe youshouldtry to change your point of view,after allthis site is about natural lockers everywhere coming together and helpingeach otherin a peaceful internetcommunity i do not feel your behaviors and slanderous remarks on people of the white race (including myself) who chose to have dreadlocks was peaceful or helpful to me or anyone else, you could have nicely asked me to look at it another way. i do not like what you have said but i will not let that comment shape my view of you as a person or people of the same race as you. you should try to do the same from now on because like i said,everyone'sego slips up now and again and sometimes could use a good checking, but nicely, hats how peace is made. i hope this did not ruin your day and you can continue on with your journey peacefully, namaste.

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form