Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sadhus and theis dreadlocks

divinemomentsofpain
@divinemomentsofpain
12 years ago
20 posts

hey! ive read alot about hinduism and the holy men called sadhus (theres so many different names baba,yogi etc). Ive seen alot of documentaries but theres one thing i cant seem to find. What is the "ritual" behind their dreads?i know it brings them closer to theis god and that its a holy thing. I saw a documentary called naked in ashes where a boy got initiated,they shaved his head and throw the hair in the Ganges. But what then, do they just start growing their hair and sooner or later it becomes dreadlocks? Im curious to know what they "do" to theyr dreads (exept from swiming in the Ganges and rubbing ashes in their hair) If anyone knows anything it would be fun to know, cause ive never seen nicer dreads than on the sadhus. And one more question, if anyone knows, why do some sadhus have dreads while other dont? Maby it depends on what "group" they close to. Would be fun with some facts :) Take care everyone, peace

updated by @divinemomentsofpain: 01/13/15 09:19:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they just let it dread and theres a few stages of initiation and thats why some are dreaded some not

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jdwood
@jdwood
12 years ago
275 posts

I think the shaving the head part is to show them how looks and attachment is non important or something like that...not much butthat'sall I know.

divinemomentsofpain
@divinemomentsofpain
12 years ago
20 posts
Thanks for the answear bout of you

soaring eagle said:

they just let it dread and theres a few stages of initiation and thats why some are dreaded some not

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

they keep it shaved..until they reach a certain point. The hair is ritually shaved one day every week. I am pretty sure it is performed on a tuesday. It has to do with energy in the human body. The energy needs to stay in the body to learn/concentrate and when the initiate has finished the required training ...the hair is then left to grow and dread.

divinemomentsofpain
@divinemomentsofpain
12 years ago
20 posts

thanks for the info, its very interesting and im happy for all the information i can get :) its very inspirational the way they live and the dedication

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form