Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Issues at school

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

So I'm gonna post some pics so you guys can see my current hair as of today. Yesterday the teachers of my school told me that I need to make my hair look more presentable and since I can't wear any head wear I'm not sure how I will do that. Here are some things you should know, : I live in the bible belt (differences are not tolerated here), I go to school for energy work/massage therapy and that's about it.

Ppl do say my hair looks crazy all the time at school but I've already dedicated myself to having dreads for at least 5 years. Started out twist then went neglect. DO you guys think I should just keep doing neglect btw.

Any ideas what to say to get these small minded Christoids off my back?

Thanks!

updated by @zero: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
hippiegal
@hippiegal
12 years ago
182 posts

You dreads look fine. I'd keep going. Could you tell your teachers you've made a spiritual commitment to dreads? You may not fit in with their sort of Christianity, but maybe you could link it to your massage therapy healing or whatever spiritual path you follow. If they don't respect that, maybe all you can do is, as Molly Anne suggested, pin it back. When your course is over you can have your hair the way you like.

Mel Jay
@mel-jay
12 years ago
2 posts

you can get a dread hat from etsy.com make sure it doesnt say pdf pattern by it though.

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
12 years ago
26 posts

if they are not threating to kick you out of school i wouldnt sweat it, i will keep rocking my dreads. I have a similar problem cuz im in the military and I freeform and i have had a few tell me to do something about my dreads cuz it dosent look professional, plus im not suppose to have dreads in the army but i do and I dont plan on getting rid of them. I have 9 months left in the army and im keeping my dreads and wearing them the way i want, now if it comes to them threating to kick me out then I may consider wearing a wig but until then im gonna rock my dreads the way i want and you should do the same

Shalom

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

You are not talking about high school right? You are talking about massage therapy school? If that is the case, you are paying them to teach you. I don't think they can kick you out because they don't like your hair. I know a whole lot of massage therapists with dreads.

One way to look a little more professional is to pull them back in a hair band. You can buy these anywhere. They are a circular band of cloth that is stretchy and comfortable. They are solid colors and sold in a bunch of 3 or 4 bands. I think the brand that i bought is Goodies.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Agreed Taye, If it's not highschool, but a school you are paying out of pocket to go to, then that's just one bigot you'll have to deal with. There are more of them out there. My own grandparents and my mom hate my hair. Every time I see my grandparents it's an issue they bring up.

There will always be people who will make off handed comments to you about locks. They don't get them. It's ignorance talking. If it's not written into any dress code, then just ignore it. If it is, then you can fight for your right to wear them as part of a spiritual reason. But please don't say it if you don't mean it. There are those of us who do grow our locks for spiritual reasons. If people just claim that for selfish reasons, it cheapens locks for the rest of us.

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

thanks guys the way i fixed it is by blunting the ends via palm roll and I think it looks a lot better now

@mountain mama do you do energy work I'm going to take the national body worker exam when I graduate school I'm in a town called McMinnville I have a reiki mentor, she's amazing

anyway I'm not in high school

here is a picture of what my ends look like if you guys wanna see

updated by @zero: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Just a sorry I Can't its against my religious beliefs. Like Jesus have taken the Nazirite vow, so am prohibited from making it presentable. And it is illegal to ask me to.

Those Bible thumpers Can't argue with that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

chatty is cool may work at their massage envy after school

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form