dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello there, I do not have dreads. Yet.

Reppyboyo
@reppyboyo
12 years ago
26 posts

Hello,

Reppy from Wales here, looking into getting myself knotted.

Been wanting dreads for a long time but never really go around to it and got tired of sifting through the seemingly mountains of misinformation regarding dreads.

However after seeing many a dreadhead in the Alestorm gig I was at last night, I just dont want to hold off any longer!

Been a long hair for over 6 years now, terminal length is about half way down my back (disappointed it is not longer), its time for a change.

My hair knots something crazy (have to brush at least 3 times a day) so this may be quickish.

Regards,

Reppy.

updated by @reppyboyo: 01/13/15 09:19:00PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you need to brush that much, yeah it should happen really fast. Just get rid of your comb and brush. Get yourself a good residue free shampoo, and be happy. Separate as needed (usually 1-2 times a week, but for you maybe after each wash). wash your hair 2-3 times a week. Ignore your hair itself. Just focus on cleaning your scalp. as you rinse, the soap will run through your hair cleaning it.

Don't worry about "what hat your should wear", "what kind of pillow case you need", or any of that other stuff. Locks happen no matter what you do, and if your hair really tangles that fast, you really don't need to do anything to "speed" it up.

I'm glad you decided to lock up. It's so much fun, but you're right, there is a ton of misinformation out there. Some of it is ok, but there are so many people here willing to give out free advice. Why would you waste your time looking at a website made by one person

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Glad you were able to see that the majority of the information on the Internet wasn't worth listening to :) so many people will make that mistake. Anyway, yeah, your hair sounds like it'll dread extremely quickly. Enjoy the journey!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form