Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

There done!!!

shea bannon
@shea-bannon
12 years ago
19 posts

well, ifinallyformed my dreads ! i love them!!! Th only thing thatworry'sme is that my roots areprettyloose but im trying not to worry. I have rubberbands on them right now, i sectioned andTnR my hair yesterday i didnt make all the dreads the same size some are big and some a small i like them like that they have more personality that way. but i was wondering about my roots if anyone has any tips, im trying to get pics up but my computer is not uploading them. so if you have any tips let me know! thanks -peace love and locks!!!

updated by @shea-bannon: 01/13/15 09:18:49PM
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts
Take out the elastics before they screw up your dreads. They will melt into your dreads and/or create weak spots.
Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

Dont worry about anything. Especailly ur roots! its normal to have a lot of loose hair at the root. Your hair does have to grow right?! and yes u should deffinatly take out those rubberbands!! they dont do anything good for ur hair. Just gonna damage ur dreads!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

take the rubber bands off right away you never want rubber bands on dreadlocks. the roots will be loose for a long time and they should be. Dreadlocks when you first make them, will have loose roots up to 3 inches for the first several months. They will not get paid until nearly mature, roughly around 8 to 13 months. Then they will get to about half an inch. They will always have that half an inch to an inch loose. You never want to force roots to be tighter than they want to be.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form