Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what is the best way to dry your hair after washing, and what works best for you?

Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
so i was just wondering if there was a certain way to dry your dreads to prevent mold the best. how do you dry your dreads, and how long does it usually take before completely dry. also how long after washing do you wait to put your dreadies up, in a hat and etc?thanks for any feed bad guys!!just curious!!~peace and love~
updated by @electric-mama: 02/14/15 09:05:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
sun is best when u can, otherwise i blow dry slow a fcew min now and then when i get a chill as aposed to blowing blowing blowing till dry this way ya avoid heat dammageit takes me 38 hours about to get mostly dry either way faster if ui spend even 15 min in the sun.. when i can spend an hour or 2 in hot sun it dries fastwhen im drying slow i put a fan on blowin on em when not too chillyand a hat or tying up ..i wait till im sure they are pretty dry(altho in very hot weather i wear a hat to hold ekm up and dump water over my head too cool down and dont worry cause they dry so fast , and a cup or 2 of water dont really wet the dreads much inside it mostly]y just runs thru to my scalp to cool my cooking brain)when the dreads are wet in the core tho i avoid hats till a day later at least

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
for me I squeeze both the left then right sides of my dreads within a towel then on the way to work or wherever I open the sun roof and roll the windows down, I never really put them in a hat till I know they are dry,
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
what about leaving a towel on? Iain said:
for me I squeeze both the left then right sides of my dreads within a towel then on the way to work or wherever I open the sun roof and roll the windows down, I never really put them in a hat till I know they are dry,
Natalya Mashevsky
@natalya-mashevsky
15 years ago
5 posts
I squeeze em as best I can to get water out, towel dry them, then I walk around with a towel on my head for a few minutes. When I can, I blow dry them a bit but I usually don't have the time. My dreads are fairly thin and short but still take half a day to fully dry. Putting them up in ponytails makes them dry slower, hats are also not good.Warm+wet=prime bacteria real estate. Gotta find what works with your life I suppose
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Yep, I live in florida so I'm pretty terrified of mold. I've known other people to get it, it is a bitch trying to get rid of it. Natalya Mashevsky said:
I squeeze em as best I can to get water out, towel dry them, then I walk around with a towel on my head for a few minutes. When I can, I blow dry them a bit but I usually don't have the time. My dreads are fairly thin and short but still take half a day to fully dry. Putting them up in ponytails makes them dry slower, hats are also not good.
Warm+wet=prime bacteria real estate. Gotta find what works with your life I suppose
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
also..new dreadies..be aware thst blunting tips means water will not run out the ends rightblunting the tips will slow drying times by aloti do not recomend purposly blunting ends unless they blunt themselves

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I don't consider that to be too big of a deal until they are really long and thick and take a long time to dry and then you can just snip the tips a little and they will turn into wisps again. :)Which a lot of people that fell into the wax oubliette will probably be trimming their tips for awhile to eventually have no more wax.... soaringeagle said:
also..new dreadies..be aware thst blunting tips means water will not run out the ends right
blunting the tips will slow drying times by alot i do not recomend purposly blunting ends unless they blunt themselves
Sam Fresh
@sam-fresh
15 years ago
9 posts
I live in one of the coldest cities in North America in winter, what are the consequences of going out in -30 (celcius) weather with slightly wet dreads?
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
icicles Sam Fresh said:
I live in one of the coldest cities in North America in winter, what are the consequences of going out in -30 (celcius) weather with slightly wet dreads?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form