Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
stephen
@stephen
12 years ago
12 posts

Hi every 1 i been dreading for well im not excatly sure some where in the 3-5 month period lol. So i found this site about a week ago and started reading up on all the info. Luckly i avoided wax even tho i wanted to use it my partner chased me away from it. I just wanted to ask a few questions 1. will all the lose hair around the dreads and the top my head pull in eventualy? 2. My hair was rlly long when i got my deads thay got maby 5-6 inches shorter so somewhere in the 2-3 ft range.We backcombed them and we made them quite thick thay are all diff and between 1-2 inch sections but no bigger than 2inch i have 13 in total will thismake them dread slower? Appreciate all the help thx. Snapshot_20120204.JPG

Ps. just wondering when u use bc and acv dou put bc in then wash it out with the acv or wash it out then put the acv in?

updated by @stephen: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok umm

thank god u avoided wax

2 inch monstor dreads with wax in them would rot in a hurry

ok questions

1 all? ofcourse not all hairs grow in straight then dread so at no time will all hairs ever be dreaded but yea most will suck in andf tighten

more show up

u always have loose hairs but they get less as they mature

2 you might have a problem

dio u really want massive dreads as thick as your arm? yiu realize hoew sliw they will dry? what if u have an accidental cong its hard to avoid 2 2 inch dreads combined can be as thick as your thicgh in a hurry

why wi=ould you make them si huge

/

1 inch is the max id ever recomend then idf they congo when mature u end up with wrist sized thats..bout as big as id want safekly

ppl with mega dreads like 6 inch have to wash only r-yearly and protect em from mold

123 dreads is very few

yea we have a couple ppl here with only 13

but they are fatties if they congo you might hafve trouble

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
stephen
@stephen
12 years ago
12 posts

thx yeah i knew not all hair would pull in but most and yeah thay will b fatties and i realised the porb with congos when 1 started to and i had topull it appart luckly it was only freshly started andrecovered from that easily now i check every day for congos to kill them when thay are only 2-3 hairs.also when i started them wesectioned backcombed and then i just forgot about them for 1-2 months the 1 right ontop of my head must have folded over and is half as long as the rest and very flat should i wrap it or make a bead for it or just let it go?

soaring eagle said:

ok umm

thank god u avoided wax

2 inch monstor dreads with wax in them would rot in a hurry

ok questions

1 all? ofcourse not all hairs grow in straight then dread so at no time will all hairs ever be dreaded but yea most will suck in andf tighten

more show up

u always have loose hairs but they get less as they mature

2 you might have a problem

dio u really want massive dreads as thick as your arm? yiu realize hoew sliw they will dry? what if u have an accidental cong its hard to avoid 2 2 inch dreads combined can be as thick as your thicgh in a hurry

why wi=ould you make them si huge

/

1 inch is the max id ever recomend then idf they congo when mature u end up with wrist sized thats..bout as big as id want safekly

ppl with mega dreads like 6 inch have to wash only r-yearly and protect em from mold

123 dreads is very few

yea we have a couple ppl here with only 13

but they are fatties if they congo you might hafve trouble

updated by @stephen: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm one of those people who's got 12-14 locks. Ok, they do dry super slow. I squeeze all the water out for a good 5 minutes in the shower after I wash. I then use a towel and squeeze even more out (in the 5 seconds it takes to step out of the shower, more water seeps to the surface). I then blow dry for 5 minutes. They'll still be damp for 6 or so hours. I have to hit them with a blow drier 3-4 times if it's too cold to let them air dry outside.

2. I have definitely noticed a slowing down of hair growth since I congo'd them to be this big. Before the could grow 3 inches a year (That's really fats for me). When they were thinner, they'd grow 6 inches a year. Now that I combined them, they slowed down to about 2-3 inches again.

Enough about me. You will usually lose about 1/3 to 1/2 of your original length. That one that folded over is perfectly natural. It will probably eventually round itself out. They do that as you sleep on them and compress them every which way. I'd just let that one go. The others will probably follow soon in their own way.

The most important thing for fat locks is protecting them from congos. Every few days just pull them apart. Mine are not as big as my wrists yet, but the sections are probably large enough to be once they grow out a little more.

If you've got any questions on how to take care of fatties like those, message me. I'll be glad to help

stephen
@stephen
12 years ago
12 posts

Yea i noticed the increas in dry time that flat 1 can stay wet alll day if i dont go outside after washing. thay all got about 1/3 shorter during back combing includeing that 1 but then it folded and halved again thats why i was concerned thanks for clearing that up. Just wondering sinc u got fatties u might no where to get some beads that fit haha iv looked and looked with no luck at the point now iv gota make some.

Baba Fats said:

I'm one of those people who's got 12-14 locks. Ok, they do dry super slow. I squeeze all the water out for a good 5 minutes in the shower after I wash. I then use a towel and squeeze even more out (in the 5 seconds it takes to step out of the shower, more water seeps to the surface). I then blow dry for 5 minutes. They'll still be damp for 6 or so hours. I have to hit them with a blow drier 3-4 times if it's too cold to let them air dry outside.

2. I have definitely noticed a slowing down of hair growth since I congo'd them to be this big. Before the could grow 3 inches a year (That's really fats for me). When they were thinner, they'd grow 6 inches a year. Now that I combined them, they slowed down to about 2-3 inches again.

Enough about me. You will usually lose about 1/3 to 1/2 of your original length. That one that folded over is perfectly natural. It will probably eventually round itself out. They do that as you sleep on them and compress them every which way. I'd just let that one go. The others will probably follow soon in their own way.

The most important thing for fat locks is protecting them from congos. Every few days just pull them apart. Mine are not as big as my wrists yet, but the sections are probably large enough to be once they grow out a little more.

If you've got any questions on how to take care of fatties like those, message me. I'll be glad to help

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's about all you can do. I have yet to be able to find beads big enough for mine any more. There are a couple of links up top to stores that take custom orders. If you give them a diameter, I'm sure they could make you one. I haven't tried it yet. The problem with beads that big is that they tend to weigh a whole lot more. clay ones might be a little lighter than glass, but I'm a stickler for glass or other natural products. I haven't used any clay beads

stephen
@stephen
12 years ago
12 posts

I should be making some tomoro ill let u no how thay go weight and all that

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form