Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Working in the heat

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

I work out in the elements. Right now being winter sweating and things of that sort arent a problem right now. Just curios tho how others deal with working in the heat and how it effects ur dreads.

updated by @lindsey3: 01/13/15 09:18:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

affexcts my fdreads? not at all

affects my head? my brain boils

i have a spinal cord injury that semi high up so ppl with my level or higher typicaly do not sweat..at all even in a sweat lodge i wont sweat a drop so the heat can be dangerouse and i start to grey or blaqxck out after it gets a certain temp

in hot weather the dreads get tied up! the hotter it gets the higher they get stied or tucked in a tam

a wool tam seems like it would make u hotter but it dont its a lifesaver wooklkl insulates from the heat too but more importantly it gets the hair up off the neck so any lil breeze can help cool

i often and i mean often dump water over my head in the heat to cool down

at gatherings on the 4th we meditate in sillence sunrise till noon ..baking in the hot sun after the om i tend to gotta escape into the shade for a bit or have 4 or 5 sisters surround me and fan me with their skirts

tho im recent years i started bringing a thing called a misty mate which is like a portable air conditioner u fill it with water pump o=it up to get pressiur and it surrounds you in a coolo=ing mist reducing the temp u feel by 30 degrees about more if u add ice

i guess you wanted to know if the heat affectes the drading orocess more tho and no except for the fact that you may want em tied up alot too so that can slow it slkightly

btw

i go iut in t shirts all winrer usualy unless im out for hours dreads like mine make a great jacket u dont need much else

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

When you work out in the heat, you sweat more. The top of your head can get pretty gross feeling from the salt that accumulates. Just make sure you wash often. The salt can actually really help the process.

But like Eagle said, just carry around a bottle of water and pour a little bit over your head here and there to cool downperiodically

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

Well i guess i didnt words that correctly.. im glad u mentiond how it effects ur head!!i wrote that half asleep lol the thought popped into my head right before i went to sleep. It was more about how my head would feel!! One thing that would suck about sweating sooo much is that u have to wash it more and ur hair takes so long to dry. I suppose during the summer monthes just being outside helps that! I dont like winter all that much, i almost forget what a warm summer breeze feels like! lol winter is pretty to look at but not much fun to drive to work in!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form