Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A couple of questions about Dawn soap and wax removal.

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts
Hey I've gotten rather confused about this dawn soap which I don't really know what is..And if it's just some dish washing soap, how do I know that the soap ill find will be residue free?I never heard if the dawn soap, is if an American brand? Cuz I live in Denmark (The little country over Germany :b)And when I finally get of this dawn should I just like scrub it in with my hands?And another thing, I tried to boil one of my dread for a minute or two and then took it up and squeezed it but nothing but water seemed to be comming out, I boiled the water in a kettle and this I put the water in a cup and then I just put the dread down there..And last, I really like to know the big difference between apple cider vinegar and just white vinegar or normall?
updated by @lazdaa: 01/13/15 09:18:06PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

dawn is a brand. I guess it's american. I though it was more international than that, but Denmark might not be one of the other countries it's in. It's a degreasing dish soap. I guess you could find one there that's used for the same purpose.

What you want to do is get a pot of water boiling, and mix in some of the soap. Take it off the heat, obviously. But while still boiling hot, you want to dip each dreadlock into the water for a few minutes each. That will be hot enough to melt the wax out. You will need to do this multiple times and probably over the course of a few months you'll get the wax out completely.

It doesn't matter if it's a residue free soap, once all the wax is out, you will probably be back at square one with your locks anyway. After you soak them, just make sure you wash your hair with your normal residue free shampoo

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

all dsish soaps residue free or your dishes..and food..will taste like soap

fairy liquid is the brittish equivelqant

you just want the best dish soap for cutting grease

and use as hot water as u can stand u can do it in the shower not boiling hot as possible and use lots of the soap and scrub llike crazy work it in deep rinse..repeat keep doing it alot

acv/white the diferences that matterare acidity and the ingredients and way its processed give em slightly diferent properties

like the diferences between raw and refined sugar

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts

So it would be good if i mixed in some dish soap and orange oil?

How much just a squeeze or something? And some drops of oil?

Baba Fats said:

dawn is a brand. I guess it's american. I though it was more international than that, but Denmark might not be one of the other countries it's in. It's a degreasing dish soap. I guess you could find one there that's used for the same purpose.

What you want to do is get a pot of water boiling, and mix in some of the soap. Take it off the heat, obviously. But while still boiling hot, you want to dip each dreadlock into the water for a few minutes each. That will be hot enough to melt the wax out. You will need to do this multiple times and probably over the course of a few months you'll get the wax out completely.

It doesn't matter if it's a residue free soap, once all the wax is out, you will probably be back at square one with your locks anyway. After you soak them, just make sure you wash your hair with your normal residue free shampoo

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form