Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlock Wigs???? (how to make or buy)...realistic

YUKON
@yukon
12 years ago
119 posts

i have a cpl reasons for asking this, and i know that this is prolly the last place that wants to hear about "realistic dreadlock wigs"

when i search online all i can find is "costume junk"....and those stupid hats w/ like 5 silk braids attached keep coming up....what a bunch of crap and what a dis to ppl w/ real dreads.

i'm trying to find a wig that looks completely real for caucasion dreads....maybe something that hollywood might use that would seriously look authentic.

has anyone seen such a thing??? where would you look???

i have seen a couple that look just so-so...but are not for caucasion ppl, and they look like they just came out of the salon....not like "real dreads"

i know there are some crafty ppl here...what about making one from a regular wig???

any ideas???

updated by @yukon: 01/13/15 09:17:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

assume your asking cause your going to cut your dreads and become a billionaire af6ter all so simplest answer is save your cut off creads go to a wigmaker you can afford to pay a outragios ammount for a custom jo=b and have em make u a wifg from your real dreads

it will look like your dreads but being disconnected wont quite feel the same but might be nough to get u thru the dread loss depression stage till you can grow your dreads again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
You could make one from a regular wig. To get a decent one you're gonna probably pay an outrageous price just for the wig, then you'll need to "make" the dreads or wear it for 6 mo to a yr full time to get natural/neglect dreads :)
Skeeter Sanders
@skeeter-sanders
11 years ago
7 posts

This is a somewhat sensitive topic for me. I lost most of my natural hair more than 20 years ago and have worn wigs ever since. Ten years ago, I decided to wear a dreadlock wig, as I've always loved long hair (I came of age back during the heyday of the "flower children" of the late '60s and early '70s) and being of mixed African-American and Native American descent, I knew that a dread wig would be the most natural-appearing for me.

Now that this "child of the '60s" is on the cusp of entering my own 60s -- and my present faux locks are well past their prime after wearing them every day for four years -- I'm in need of replacing them. The problem is finding a replacement dreadlock wig that doesn't obviously look fake (and sports a "touch of grey" so that I look closer to my age).

Any assistance you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.

-- Skeeter

Natty Dave
@natty-dave
11 years ago
56 posts

outside of going to a wigmaker and paying them, all that I could think of would be a dread fall those cyber goth kids are into, most are made of synthetic materials from what i've seen, but there are some people who get crazy with it at places like vampirefreaks.com you might be able to find someone on there who makes falls and could do something that looks natural maybe.

The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
http://merrys-dreads.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-make-natural-dreads.html?m=1 I am not much good with lonks on my tablet yet but if it doesnt work google her. When I was too chicken to do my own hair I got all the stuff to make them. Never did but it is really easy if you are patient.
The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
*links :) or typing so it seems.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form