Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How many dreads do you have... Do you have a favorite?

D!
@d
15 years ago
44 posts
I've been asked by a number of people how many dreads I have so I'm asking everyone if they know how many locks they have and if they have a favorite. I either have a 123 or 122 locks and even though I love them all I do have my favorites. So I thought it would be cool to see what you all thought and if you have a favorite lock(s) why?
updated by @d: 03/17/21 07:38:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
everytime i try to9 count i get tangled upat 1 point i think 250 (30 were babies) after a year and 3 months zero maintenance alotta congoing i think im down to 80ish? no idea i have several favorites the craziest most uniquue ones ofcoursethe flat ones the ziggy zaggy ones the forked ones the ones that defy description..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
A few are combining, but still around 47-49 when originally starting with 50my favorite one was on the top of my head, it was the first to really look like a dread and it formed a really cool tip that looks kinda like a tentacle
D!
@d
15 years ago
44 posts
soaringeagle said:
everytime i try to9 count i get tangled up
at 1 point i think 250 (30 were babies) after a year and 3 months zero maintenance alotta congoing i think im down to 80ish? no idea i have several favorites the craziest most uniquue ones ofcourse the flat ones the ziggy zaggy ones the forked ones the ones that defy description..
I really love the zig zag loccks on the back of my head they also have the oundest ends.
D!
@d
15 years ago
44 posts
Iain said:
A few are combining, but still around 47-49 when originally starting with 50

my favorite one was on the top of my head, it was the first to really look like a dread and it formed a really cool tip that looks kinda like a tentacle
I like the ones with their own personalities and my favorites have nice tips too.
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
yeah ive got a favourite. right in the back of my head, theres a dread thats really locked about 1/2 inch from the scalp all the way up to about an inch from the tip. There theres about a 1/4 inch loop of completely loose hair that leads into the tightest dread end i have followed by a tiny paintbrush tip.Most unique dread, easily my favouriteas for how many i have, i have no idea
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
it took me a logn time to be given the idea to count the locks, so until sumwhat recently itried it and got 25now i got 27 and each dread has its own personality, age, and feel hahahahhahi wouldnt b supriised if that numbers continued to fluctuate for a while tho...Namaste
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
last count was about 60 and growing some babiesi have one that has this loop on the end that i love playing with it and another one that breaks into 2 dreads then back to one :) and a third one thats super fat and thick then gets really thin haha :) its like in the center bottom of all my hair
Heath
@heath
15 years ago
4 posts
I've got 22 but some of my loose sections are starting to form little baby locs, so in a year or two I will have more. I do have a favorite, it is on the back of my head on the top, it is the fattest one i got, about an inch thick maybe more. I have a hand-carved bead I made from a stick that that I am always wearing on it. I should name it..
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
15 years ago
362 posts
I only have 32ish... and I love each dread in a different way... in other words, each dread is my favorite for a different reason! One of my most favorites is my thickest dread in the very back of my head.... I was soo afraid that it wouldn't lock up at first...and now it's the best looking dread on my entire head!
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form