Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Commitment to Myself

Tinarama
@tinarama
12 years ago
20 posts
Hi everyone! I've been on this forum here and there since November but still haven't officially introduced myself.I'm a Colorado girl (been here for 10 years but grew up outside of Philly) and love my job, my family, my home and everything in my life. I had a long painful journey to get here so I'm enjoying it even more.I work in a kitchen on CSU's campus so even though I run my own shift, I get weekends and holidays off, which is very unusual in the food service industry. I love it. My hours are 3-Midnight and it fits me so well, I've never been happier.My husband and I just got married last October... He is the love of my life and my best friend.Okay, time to get to the point. I decided to finally post an introduction because I want to publicly commit to leading a healthier lifestyle. I have lingering self-abusing habits, like eating terribly and low self esteem, but right now, as my dreads come into existence, I want to commit myself to taking care if myself. I need to remember that I, too, deserve to feel good about myself and pay attention to what goes into my body.Thank you all for any support. I'm not looking for any criticism here, that's not what I need. Actually, I don't really need any response at all, just the platform to proclaim new self-love :)Thanks and Peace :)
updated by @tinarama: 01/13/15 09:17:21PM
Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

awe, much love to you!!!! (:

Aika
@aika
12 years ago
57 posts

thank you for sharing :) you inspire me to also take care of myself - my body and soul. much love.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

over and over ive seen dreading help with issues like thiese so hoping you gain the strength to heakl and become a stronger person through your dread journey

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chii Rising
@chii-rising
12 years ago
13 posts

Blessings to you & your journey!

May we all choose to stand firm & continue on the path that we know is right.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Growing locks is such a good way to start to feel better about yourself. You are working subconsciously on how to let go of what others think of you. I used to be so worried about how I appeared to others, but growing locks helped me get over looking in the mirror every morning and judging myself. In fact, I got rid of most of the mirrors in my house because I don't care anymore.

You should have nothing to be ashamed of. Don't doubt yourself. Just being here and telling us, a group of strangers, your story is a great sign of strength and determination. Good job.

By the way, where outside of Philly did you grow up? I grew up in Upper Dublin. Moved into the city about 3 years ago

Tinarama
@tinarama
12 years ago
20 posts
Thanks everyone for your kind words, I feel that the combined energy of strangers can really do so much!!And Baba I grew up in west Chester :)

Baba Fats said:

Growing locks is such a good way to start to feel better about yourself. You are working subconsciously on how to let go of what others think of you. I used to be so worried about how I appeared to others, but growing locks helped me get over looking in the mirror every morning and judging myself. In fact, I got rid of most of the mirrors in my house because I don't care anymore.

You should have nothing to be ashamed of. Don't doubt yourself. Just being here and telling us, a group of strangers, your story is a great sign of strength and determination. Good job.

By the way, where outside of Philly did you grow up? I grew up in Upper Dublin. Moved into the city about 3 years ago

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Huh. I dated a girl a few years back from out there. Nice area

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form