Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks with receeding hairline caused by interlocking

santana cortez
@santana-cortez
12 years ago
2 posts

hi how is everyone...i just noticed my hairline is receding, ive always had a round hairline never close to straight but i just noticed recently that its gotten obvious to me at least that im receding. Nobody in my family is bald but my dad has a very sharp receded hairline i was just wondering if i should keep my dreadlocks or would it be best to just cut them...

updated by @santana-cortez: 01/13/15 09:17:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

keep emn but are u tying em back tight alot are u crocheting them?

they look stiff

and pulled back alot will cause that problem

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea u either uiused wax or u crochetted ..which?

--
santana cortez
@santana-cortez
12 years ago
2 posts

when im at work i tie them back but otherwise i usually have them loose or under a snapback hat..i used to crochet them i just stopped about a month or two ago..i also use wax whenever i go to get the loose hair put back into place which is once a month

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

I am not going to go into a discussion about the evils of wax. (but it is really nasty stuff). What i am going to say is.....by going "to get the loose hair put back into place which is once a month" you are taking a chance of loosing your hair. Alopecia can come from having hair pulled too tight. Having your roots worked on and having loose hair put back in will pull your hair way way too tight. Dreads should not start at your scalp. They need room to move around. Having your dreads "maintained" is not the healthiest thing for your hair. Roots will lock up on their own. Baby dreads can have up to 3 inches of unlocked hair and mature dreads 1/2 inch to 1/4. Loose hair is ok.

I look at your pictures and it just looks painful. Ouch! I bet it is hard to sleep for a few nights after you get it maintained. Dreads should be soft .....not hard.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

stop it your screswwuing 7yourself you gottaremove all r=traces of wax nevber go get loose hairs put in leace the loose hairs alone

your screwing em all up

what do they do to put loose hairs in place? interlock

?

your causeing this

]'you must remove all traces of wax stop everything thazt yoir doing and leave em alone

wax is a dread killer but going to a salons way worse and can make you go bald

santana cortez said:

when im at work i tie them back but otherwise i usually have them loose or under a snapback hat..i used to crochet them i just stopped about a month or two ago..i also use wax whenever i go to get the loose hair put back into place which is once a month

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just cxall me dr dread.. diagnosis complete

salon caused this with wax interlocking crocheting the interlocking especialy

its getting so easy to diagnose issues especialy when a salons had their grubby greedy lil fingers in the mix

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form