Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about apple cider vinegar + dreads

Jon Browne
@jon-browne
12 years ago
13 posts

I've read that apple cider vinegar is the best rinse for dreads. I've also read that apple cider vinegar reduces tangles and makes hair smooth and shiny. Here's where logic doesn't add up. Can someone tell me why people use an anti-tangle solution for their dreads? I understand ACV helps rinse out residue, but don't we want tangles? Also, wouldn't smoother hair dread slower?

Cheers

updated by @jon-browne: 01/13/15 09:17:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

ok u do not just do acv rinses

u 1st do a baking soda soak

the baking soda is a no touch method so no tangles are unfdone scrubbing with shampoo even gently undoes tangles by scrubbing

baking soda is alkaline it dries your hair and scalp (encoureaging knots) acv restores the hairs normal acuidic ph ballence

\wbhen dreads are young you pour on and rinse imediately so your not softenuing or detangling much at all if any

when mature u soak 3 min then rinse to soften the hair more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jon Browne
@jon-browne
12 years ago
13 posts

I do use a baking soda wash. I just washed my hair with it and I'm currently letting it soak in my hair before I do the acv rinse. The first time I washed my hair I let the acv stay in my hair without rinsing it out. I don't know if that is the correct thing to do on baby locs.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

noooo

1sr t rinse out the bs well;

then after bs isd rinsed pour on the acv and ruinse right away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts

Is there a any different in using acv or normal white vinegar? or normal?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I believe it's a matter of Ph levels. You can use white vinegar, but you have to change the amount of time you leave it in for. It's not a huge difference, but different enough

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form