Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

24 days and still in love :)

Amy Michelle
@amy-michelle
12 years ago
18 posts

I love dreadies they are the best! I reach up and feel them when i wake up in the morning, i enjoy putting looking in the mirror and playing with cool ways to put them up. I love having a wonderful excuse to use awesome organic shampoos. I love how i rub the hec out of my head to dry them after a shower and not worry about "oh no im going to have to brush these knots i'm creating". I love how they look, how they feel, and most of all I love the confidence they give me. There is something primal and spiritual about locks to me. I don't know if it's odd, but i feel more humble and connected with them flowing down my back. I call them "locks of glory" to myself and they truly are!

Thought i'd post a few new recent photos. :

^16 days old

^20 days old

^24 days old

sorry for the terrible quality, my webcam is all i've got and it really sucks :P

updated by @amy-michelle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

they are the best, aren't they? I love the "locks of glory" idea. And I too love how they feel running down my back. When I go to festivals, I don't wear a shirt all weekend. I love how they feel on my bare back. Same kind of natural, primal feeling.

They look great for 24 days. What are you doing to get them to stay that tight?

Amy Michelle
@amy-michelle
12 years ago
18 posts

I havn't done anything..When i first started them they were almost too tight i'm actually really glad they've chilled out a bit.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

my goddess only a month and

drools

stunning

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Michelle
@amy-michelle
12 years ago
18 posts

thans :) *hugs*

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
They are sweet. You said awhile ago that you'd put in extensions. Did you use human hair? Are the joins staying nice? :)
Amy Michelle
@amy-michelle
12 years ago
18 posts

I was a little strapped for cash so i got a human hair/synthetic blend. my regular hair is a little softer than the extentions, i wish i had gotten human hair. but they look good and the joints are staying nice for now. there were a few i didn't do so well, but i took a strand of hair (from the weave), wrapped it around the joint and crocheted it in and that took care of the problem. they were really suprisingly easy to do. it did take me like 7 hours but wasn't that hard work.

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
How did you make your extensions? I've seen a few videos. I love the thickness of yours.
Amy Michelle
@amy-michelle
12 years ago
18 posts

thanks :) i love fat dreads, i only have like 20 because i wanted them thick.

how i made them:

i took the weave (i got it in one long track) and folded it 3 or 4 times so it was a little wider than the dread i was making the extention for (the top of the track was about an inch long once folded to the correct thickness). then i cut it off the track and attached it to the zipper of my boots with 2 twistties (im sure there is a more professional way to attach it to something but all i had were twist ties and my shoe). then i made the dread (i used the tear and rip method to do my own hair, so i did the same with the extentions). then i cut the dread off the track (right below the sew line) and combed out the top of the dread a little so i had some hair to chrochet into my dread (also in combing it you get out the loose hairs that fall off when you cut it). then i overlapped the 2 dreads a little, and wrapped the non dreaded hair around my natural dread (make sure to wrap it so there are no gaps). and crocheted the hec out of it. its hard to explain how to use the needle itself, i found a good technique after doing it a few times. basically i poked it through and put it in and out really fast, then put it in and grabbed loose hairs on the other side and kinda hooked it. then i palm rolled the whole thing and boom long dread :)

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
Thanks :) good to know if anyone asks me. My friend and I are the only dreadheads I know around here. Well actually I met a young guy who was seeing a loctician who services mostly afroamericans here, and his very straight caucasion hair was getting twisted every couple weeks and he said he'd spent a ton of cash. I gave him my number so I could point him to some better info. But he never contacted me. Bummer for him. The other people I know who've had them in the past used wax, and one used a needle felting needle. O_oOk you have 20 awesome sized dreads. Everyone keeps saying on this site to make (if you're gonna tnr) the sections about the size of a nickel. Well I have more than a couple that have bigger sections than a nickel, and none smaller than a nickel but I have 43 dreads. What is your section size?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form