Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Encouragement

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts

Fiiirrrsssttt of all I want to say a Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, no matter what you and yours celebrated or didn't. :P

Man have I missed coming here. I really have. I think about you all often, and every time I log in it's like there are 100 new members! Haha and That is awesome!! :)

My hair is still taking quite a while. I think it's been 5 months since I stopped combing it. I am actually feeling a bit discouraged right now. I have ONE baby dread that has done a lot of progressing, but the rest of my hair is just... bleh. I have not been able to blow dry it or anything. I have had a really stressful couple of weeks or so and I have had to let a good friend go because her husband... I don't like to say things like this but the only logical explanation I have is that he is jealous of my husband and me. And on top of that he's got some other issues. He has been causing our family a LOT of problems and even though we never really had much contact with him. A hi here and there, and that's it. Over the new year I did my own little makeshift ritual to release negativity from the "old" year and reject it from the new year. And I made a resolution to keep a cool head about everything and not worry so much. After having to let my friend go a couple of days ago I feel like I want a fresh start and I have seriously considered combing out my ONE lock and cutting my hair. But I really, really, really, do not want to do that. I have put a good amount of emotional/mental work into locking my hair up and I don't want to mess it up now. And that is why I am posting in "Help! Save My Dreads." haha. :/

Any words of encouragement or any tips would be really helpful right now, if anyone can find the time to read my post. I would really appreciate it. Blessed be! )O(

~Sara

updated by @heathen-hippie-o: 02/14/15 07:49:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sage smudge your dreads

dreads hold in energy youy released iit but its still bpound in the knots u need to smudge em to release it

next try the liquid shampoo and the soon to come gel from www.dreadlockshampoo.com yea i know typicaly gels are a nono but this is not like other gels and can really help

it might take over a week to get samples out and it on the suite for purchase

but see th discussion i posted in products section

the creaqtor got a natural dread well dreadede in 4 dqaYS

and u wont even have to wash your hands after use

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts

I think I will try that. I don't want to rush them but at this point the way I feel about everything else, I feel like if I don't get them going I won't want them anymore and then will regret it if I change them. If that makes any sense. I will check out the link you posted.

Thank you :)

soaring eagle said:

sage smudge your dreads

dreads hold in energy youy released iit but its still bpound in the knots u need to smudge em to release it

next try the liquid shampoo and the soon to come gel from www.dreadlockshampoo.com yea i know typicaly gels are a nono but this is not like other gels and can really help

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts

If I can't get the shampoo right now would you suggest trying the gel? Or use the shampoo before the gel? lol. :/

soaring eagle said:

sage smudge your dreads

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts

K now I am a theoretical Pagan and not much of a practical one. Lol. Any way you could help me out with how to go about it? And thank you for reminding me about the timing.

BecKa Bullard said:

id say smudge them, but wait until the moon has passed its full moon and is waning. thatll be the best time to get rid of negativity and do a good cleansing. tomorrow is the full moon by the way...so any time after tomorrow night you should be good.

)o( blessed be and good luck

Janice
@janice
12 years ago
49 posts

Hi Sweetie

Sorry you have had a bumpy go due to your friend's husband. Friends come into our lives for a reason or a season or both, and when the purpose has been served, sometimes we have to just let 'em go. Can be painful, I know. The fact that your journeys now diverge in no way diminishes the lessons and joys you have shared.

((hugs)) from the Hinterlands!

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
12 years ago
164 posts

Thank you Janice. That's a very thoughtful comment, and true to boot. :) *hugs*

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id get both whn u can the shampo is availiable now the gel might take a week or even 2 to get ready to ship

both make a big diference but the gel maybe most drastic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris Mora
@chris-mora
12 years ago
41 posts

i actually followed what you said and i smudged my dreadlocks with some sage my mom gave me. thanks for the idea man.

soaring eagle said:

sage smudge your dreads

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Sage is so wonderful. There was a guy at our local drum circle who used to bring sage once in a while and smudge it as he danced around the bon fire. It was so great. He brought such a great vibe to the circle

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form