Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Philosophical dread question

Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
In your opinion, when does someone "have" dreads. When the first start neglecting? When the first dread forms? When you have a head full of dreads? When there mature?and, what if they backcombed. Do you consider their hair to be dreads the second after the backcombings done?If they used wax, do you ever consider them dreads?
updated by @daniel: 11/12/21 08:51:33PM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
I consider them to be full on dreads when they can't be pulled apart regardless of the methods used.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
your hair is always trying to be dreadlocks. SO when you make the decision to allow them to be than you are accepting them.To me dreadlocks are just accepting your natural hair so if dreadlocks are the natural form of hair, than everyone has dreadlocks. Some folks just hide them by combing and conditioning and chopping....I know I know but he did say philisophical :-)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
when natural when the 1st odvios knots start to form and you can see and feel dreadingwhen backcombed after the backcombing falls apart and the above happens, or if the backcombing doesnt when they start to settle down and look more like dreads instead of goofy antenaeif waxed well that depends..odviosky some waxy dreads eventuaky do become dreadsmaybe after they stop waxing and let em go a good year?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
u have dreads when its apparent to other peopleit may take only one or 2 dreads for some1 to noticewhen u first get knots that cant be undone i think thats when u have 'dreads' (never been to fond of the word "dread"lock either...... ahahhahah)right around here is where id get the "do u have dreadsss?"

updated by @matted-dew: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
15 years ago
84 posts
I like this anwser the best :) Didjeridurian said:
your hair is always trying to be dreadlocks. SO when you make the decision to allow them to be than you are accepting them.
To me dreadlocks are just accepting your natural hair so if dreadlocks are the natural form of hair, than everyone has dreadlocks. Some folks just hide them by combing and conditioning and chopping.
...I know I know but he did say philisophical :-)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form