dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural dreads definintion

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

a question i was just asked and an article i just read got me thinking

the article was about shampoo ingredients and how many shampoos say all natural but have cancer causing ingredients that are derived from natural ingredients like sls

now many salons call natural dreads any dreads not made with wax

wax sellers cal;l waxy dreads natural cause bees make wax

crocheters call that natural cause no chemicals were used

some locticians go as far as calling glued on waxed up extentions natural dreads just cause its hair not synthetic

so lets look at websters definition compared to classic arguments you get

natural is defined as: existing or occuring in nature without interference by man

occuring in natutre without interference by man excludes crochet backcomb tnr locticians etc

typuical arguments

anything man can dio is natural cause we can do it including splittting atoms living on chemical and geneticly enhanced foods and medicines etc etc

again atoim bombs and chemnicaly altered even manufactured molicules that dont occur naturaly in nature are not natural man made items are artificial because we have an abiklity to alter natural elements create molicules that do not naturally occur in nature

so just cause we can do it does not make it natural only things that happen without iour interference are

anopther argument states that if you seperate or even wash its not natural

this is reaching for straws ..arguing for the sake of arguing

why? the dreads dio occur withing thge realm of naturally occuring in nature seperating doesnt interfere as in creating thenm unnaturaly it just interferes in them creating themselves too thick

thats like saying the sun causing sun burns natural so standingf in shade to not get too burnt is unatural

just clarifying this is all

just so theres no misunderstandings

by definition wether dreads or ingredients in products the true meanning of the word has a specific definitiion

it is used improperly very often..mostly for marketting ..or to make people feel better about choices they make

but wouldnt we all benifit from lil more honesty? when yoiuy see all natural on a label wiuldnt u preffer that to mean something and know what you bought was really natural and not just chamical soup with 1 toxic ingredient thats a manipulation and curruption of a naturally occuring thinbg

sorta off the wall example but genetics ppl spliced a pot seed and a jellyfish egg to create a super potent pain killer ..so striong u might be toio dumb tio take your hand out of a fire

now they can hall it a natural pain reliever cause its made from weed and jellyfish but do you see jellyfish mating with pot plants? no its not naturally occuring without human intervention so should not be called natural. on any lables

im not saying this to make those who dont have naturally occuring dreads to feel inferior in any way

the only reason the distinction is so important is that most ppl dont even know dreads do occur naturally

they thing you gotta pay to have em made

this hurts ecveryone who then ends up with sticky damaged dreads

it hurts the very understanding of dreads when the average man on the streeet thinks drweads are made by coating your head in wax or eggs or even dung

it hurts those who wantred dreads 10 years but thougfht paying 800 dollars to start then 100 every 2 weeks for life to maintain em was outragios and not worth it

let the definition fit let it ,mean dreads that occur without intervention so all people someday may know it is possible to dread without expensive salons and products

we do use the term natural surrender for dreads manipulated to start then surrendered to natural occurance after

that as an anology could be paving a parking lot thewn alowing the weds to poke througfh a forrest to take oiver and return to a natural state ..man interfered but nature had its way anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:16:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats a personal choice it wasnt meant to make you feel you should have natural dreads not any other just its more about those who call everey type dreads natural and the meaning becomes meaningless so nobody out there understands anymore that its even possible

like c21 stated and like i said many timese

when we began our dreasds we knew no other way

natural was the only way we knew

somehow he was lucky enougfh to never be exposed to dread kits and locticians till he found our site haha isnt that funny his 1st exposure was the 1 site recomending u avoid those things

well not the only site but for sure the best example of site telling the truth

anywho rambling..point was

no reason to start over if u dont feekl u need to

and if yoyr dreads are a mix of natural and backcomb you can just say this 1 is natural this 1 backcomb

the reral importance is that ppl are aware dreads can and do form naturaly with no interference at all

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it is enjoyable isnt it//

stress free

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not me if i was president id 1st abolish money then abolish the presidency haha

1st stop getting paid then fire myself

--
Aika
@aika
12 years ago
57 posts

it's true, people get really confused when i tell them you dont have to "make" dreads. they dont understand at all and hardly believe me when i say you could just wash your hair and stop combing to get dreads. it's eye-opening for them. im always so grateful that i found this site before i could start obsessing over loops and curls and loose ends. it makes the whole concept of dreadlocks into a real journey and learning experience.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form