Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is this soap safe to use on my dreads?

Kitty
@kitty
12 years ago
7 posts

It's a natural soap, the ingredients are sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate, aqua, sorbitol, glycerin, parfum, linum usitatissimum seed extract, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, tetrasodium EDTA, tetrasodium etidronate.

I've been washing my head a few times with this soap and i dont have any problems, it knots my dreads up real good each time. my dreads are quite thin but i'm not sure if residue or mold would be a problem if i continued to use this soap. I got a load of bars off my mother and it's hard to find special non residue soaps or shampoo where i live, and i cant order online. Thanks.

updated by @kitty: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

well, sodium tallowate is fatty acids derived from beef fat. if your vegan you might want to pass. other than that, it looks like a really basic soap. my worry would be soap scum or basically residue left behind. the nice thing though is this soap has tetrasodium EDTA whichessentially is a chelating ingredient meaning it will bind to the minerals and scum and wash it away.most clarifying shampoos have it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

y cant u order online? what makes you call that a natural soap? do thoese ingredients sound natural? i see only 1 ingrediant thats at all natural

some products will say natural or organic if theres only 1 trace ammopunt of a natural or organic ingredient all the rest can be carcinogens toxins and even things that cause you to mutate into a monstor but cause theres 1 tiny drop of somethuing natural they call it natural and healthy

just cause the lanbel; says natural doesnt mean a thing the ingredients tell a diferent story

i doubt this will cause you to mutate and grow extra arms.. and it may or may not be dread safe )(

( heather or panterra woiuld know more about the ingredients)

im just pointing out that this dont sound very b=natural at all to me

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ewww beef fat?

i just got nausea thinking about that in my dreads

Heather said:

well, sodium tallowate is fatty acids derived from beef fat. if your vegan you might want to pass. other than that, it looks like a really basic soap. my worry would be soap scum or basically residue left behind. the nice thing though is this soap has tetrasodium EDTA whichessentially is a chelating ingredient meaning it will bind to the minerals and scum and wash it away.most clarifying shampoos have it.

--
Kitty
@kitty
12 years ago
7 posts

jesus christ it's not like it's raw meat fat. Arent most soaps based on animal fat anyway? I cant order online because I dont have a credit card.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no most soaps arent and i would never use 1 that is

you have a bank account open a paypal account and then you can order online without a credit card

no way in hell id use a animal fat based soap

--
Kitty
@kitty
12 years ago
7 posts

Can I wash my head with just baking soda mix then?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i would yea thats a better option

but to clarify

some soaps are made with ground up horses and animal fats and such tho itsw used less and less cause of the ethical reasons and vegatable oils just are a better i[]option

natural soaps that are actualy natutral soaps are vegatable based esential oilds and such

read dr bronners or the dreadlockshampoo.com ingredients as a comparison

here

dr bronners

INGREDIENTS: Water, Saponified Organic Coconut*, Organic Palm* and Organic Olive* Oils (w/Retained Glycerin), Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Essential Oils**, Citric Acid, Vitamin E

see? those are natural organic ingredients no beef fat..yuck

ok

www.dreadlockshampoo.com ingredients

Ingredients: saponified oils of organic coconut oil, organic unrefined first press extra virgin olive oil, organic castor bean oil, beer, kaolin clay, organic essential oil

is rhere anything you cant pronounce or have no idea what it is without a chemistry degree?

--
Kitty
@kitty
12 years ago
7 posts

Well theres no need to bepatronizing, I was only asking. Thanks for the info

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wasnt being :)

but u can get dr bronners localy almost everywhere

thio in hard water its not the best

if u cant use bronners the bs acv is an option but so is getting a paypal and the dreadlockshampoo soaps which are amazing

--
 / 2

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form