Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Having some trouble dreading

RSavage26
@rsavage26
12 years ago
50 posts

I have been going natural since about June-July of last year. I am an African-American woman with coarse and fairly thick hair. I think I hindered my progress by separating my hair every day (I didn't want my dreads to be too big). So I stopped separating in November. What I'm worried about is I see a few dreads forming in the back, but the rest of hair seems to only have buds or no dreaded hair at all. I even have a few dread balls hanging in the back. Yet when I occasionally look in the mirror, I see something that resembles baby dreads.

My current routine is to wash weekly with BS, up to 10 drops of Lavender/Tea Tree oil, and 3/8 tsp of rosemary oil combined with warm water ( I find it makes the BS dissolve much better). I wash out the BS mixture and then I do a white vinegar rinse (9 parts water and 1 part vinegar; no more than 250 ml) and rinse it out after 3 minutes. Is there something I'm doing wrong or am I just impatient? If you need any pictures, I can try and have some added to this post today.

updated by @rsavage26: 01/13/15 09:16:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

3-8 teaspoons of rosemary? are you serois? you must spend 20 dollars a week on rosemary oil id use no more then 30 drops to a gallon

you can try switching to sa direret wash routine and cut back on the oils to a very low dose

try the www.dreadlockshampoo.com shampoos the liwquid is made to help dreads dread fast the bars will be amazuing once more dreaded u may not need any extra pils or moisturizers

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
She said 3/8 not 3-8.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh misread haha but still seems like alot

but i was lil shocked when i thought how much she was using haha tho still shed be using a 2 oz bottle every month id guess

id still reduce it a bit or try something besides the bs/acv for a bit

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

some people's hair likes other soaps than the BS ACV wash. I still use Dr. B's It's never failed me since I first started. I do plan on switching to one of the dreadlockshampoo ones at some point. Or this black soap I keep hearing about.

Eagle's right. Switch up your shampoo and see how it works for you

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form