dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Afghan Dryness!!!

Rasta Fozzy
@rasta-fozzy
12 years ago
14 posts

Hey all,

I am in Afghanistan for the next 6months. i've been here for about 6wks. my hair has become really dry. i was wondering if you guys had any ideas that would help. I'm using Dr. Bronners to wash, and the water out here is super hard. wondering if i should just get some over the counter conditioner and rinse really well. I don't have access to things like BS and ACV. so any thoughts?

updated by @rasta-fozzy: 02/14/15 09:32:11AM
Aika
@aika
12 years ago
57 posts

honey diluted in water to rinse? read up on it

Rasta Fozzy
@rasta-fozzy
12 years ago
14 posts

Wow that was quick! I didn't think anyone would be up in the states. I'll see if i can find some honey. thanks

Rasta Fozzy
@rasta-fozzy
12 years ago
14 posts

Little bit scared to put Honey in my Locs. LOL

Rasta Fozzy
@rasta-fozzy
12 years ago
14 posts

Little bit scared to put Honey in my Locs. LOL

Aika said:

honey diluted in water to rinse? read up on it

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

how old are your locks? if multiple years old,conditionerwon't really hurt them. It might undo some of the tips a little, but hey, they're wispy anyway. But yeah, rinse really really well. If you can get your hands on some oils, that could help put in a pray bottle (if you can get one) and spray your scalp once in a while and massage it in

Rasta Fozzy
@rasta-fozzy
12 years ago
14 posts

They are Five yrs old. so they are definetly mature! i'll start with a very little bit at a time. also gonna wait to see if there are any other ideas out there. -Thanks-

Baba Fats said:

how old are your locks? if multiple years old,conditionerwon't really hurt them. It might undo some of the tips a little, but hey, they're wispy anyway. But yeah, rinse really really well. If you can get your hands on some oils, that could help put in a pray bottle (if you can get one) and spray your scalp once in a while and massage it in

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you do use conditioner, dilute it with a lot of water too. No need to use full strength conditioner. really, any vinegar will work to soften your locks. ACV is just the best, but even a white vinegar used in a slightly modified proportion will work

Rasta Fozzy
@rasta-fozzy
12 years ago
14 posts

Still not something i can find at the store. of course they prob use for cooking and stuff, but vinegar is not available in the store. i really don't want to have to worry about anyone sending me some or anything. thanks

Baba Fats said:

If you do use conditioner, dilute it with a lot of water too. No need to use full strength conditioner. really, any vinegar will work to soften your locks. ACV is just the best, but even a white vinegar used in a slightly modified proportion will work

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

hmmm. olive oil? Now I'm just shooting in the dark. But I've heard that olive oil works in small amounts, and you should probably wash it out after a little bit

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form