Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lose hair and the use of wood ash to pull them in

craftydangles
@craftydangles
12 years ago
16 posts

i've got some lose hair going down at the mo! looking for ways to work them in with out getting to hook out as i don't like the idea. my friend uses lock pepper when he rolls them but i have herd that you can use wood ash and get the same effect? any one else tried this method? and if so how effective is it? I have just letting them do there own thing and the lose hair don't really worry me and i like to keep things natural!

updated by @craftydangles: 02/14/15 05:41:02AM
craftydangles
@craftydangles
12 years ago
16 posts

i really don't mind the lose hair if i'm honest i like the look of it! and it like they say all hair knots in the end i think i will just let nature take its corse. I'm just really interested in finding out wether any one has any fist hand knowledge about this method. i cant even remember who told me about it, it was so long ago!

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
12 years ago
667 posts

If it ain't broke....XD

sam wright said:

i really don't mind the lose hair if i'm honest i like the look of it! and it like they say all hair knots in the end i think i will just let nature take its corse. I'm just really interested in finding out wether any one has any fist hand knowledge about this method. i cant even remember who told me about it, it was so long ago!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont do nothing ignore em why would you want ashes in your dreads?

you want them clean

not intentionaly adding dirt

just ignore the few loose hairs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
craftydangles
@craftydangles
12 years ago
16 posts

im with u man! just something that i herd and took my intrest i wouldn't of done it like i said i don't even like the thought of that lock pepper! and i will never put a hook near them ever again took them months to get over that! they are going strong and loving life like me!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea that hook backfires everytime there was 1 loctician that claimede she thought all dreads should have crochet done to them at least once to speed up the progress but the reality is it slows it down by 1/2 a year!

--
craftydangles
@craftydangles
12 years ago
16 posts

i with u on that! worst thing that has happened to my dreads sins the night i got massive bit of velcro stuck to my head! don't know if this has happened to any one else but if there is one thing velcro sticks better too better than it's self it's to dreads! so watch were you put your heads people!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

velcro and those mugwort seed pod balls with the sticker thingies covering them

i leaned out a car door to grab somethin g while parked in a field of mugwort sat back up and had thousands of then fusing all my dreads into 1 huge mass it took 12 hours to pull them aopart and 48 to pick out all the lil prickers left behind

--
craftydangles
@craftydangles
12 years ago
16 posts

hahaha i know your pain one of my friends was throwing them at the back of my head the other month i had like 10 in there for like half a day be for i noticed! took me so long to get the buggers out!

hippiegal
@hippiegal
12 years ago
182 posts

Watch out also for rose bushes! I do a lot of gardening and those long thorny strands love to catch in your dreads. I now wear a hat when working near roses.

sam wright said:

i with u on that! worst thing that has happened to my dreads sins the night i got massive bit of velcro stuck to my head! don't know if this has happened to any one else but if there is one thing velcro sticks better too better than it's self it's to dreads! so watch were you put your heads people!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form