Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i have baking sofa bits in my roots, i need advice

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

i wash my hair with baking soda and water, so my problem is that on certain dreads the baking soda powder stay in the roots. if you look at it closely you can defendly see it. how can i prevent this? i try rinsing my hair after i put the baking soda. do i need to add something else to the mix?

another thing, is there something i can use so the hair has a smell to it? at this time my hair doesn't have any smell to it, but, i want a better smell to it. if you think its a bad a idea, please speak up

updated by @andres2: 01/13/15 09:16:27PM
elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
Make sure you dilute it completely before you pour it in your head. Idk about anyone else. But I rinse my hair in the bath. I make sure to rinse my hair before doing other washing (like leg shaving and using bar soap) so I don't get other stuff in my dreads. But I get down under the water with my head and grab onto my dreads and swish water through them. At the roots I grab the dread and swish in and out from the scalp. Then I sit up and rinse with the acv solution. In mine I add a few drops of bergamot Rosemary and lavender. My hair smells great.
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

thanks for advice, ill try adding a few drops of rosemary.maybe that will add a a good smell to the hair

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it cabn t be baking soda if u broke up the clumps baking soda in water biodegrades quickly into gasses the gas release is whats so good at cleaning so the bs actualy evaporates leaving nothing behind...unless---- unless you made a paste used way too much bs not enough water..or didnt break up clumps if the bs gets damp or moist from humidirty (steammy shower) it clumps and hardens into like a rock instead of powder if the clumps arent broken up the surface tension of the water on the clump prevents it from penetrating and disolving so clumps will staty in your hair till broken uop

however..more likely its not bs at all but exfoliated skin if you make the bs too weak it loosens up dead skin into a paste that isnt fully removed 9are u doing acv after? u should be)

find the right mix and u wont have issues

high pressure rinses help remove it better too

essential oils make em smell yummy while treating dandruff and other stuff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

well when i pour the baking soda in a cup, the baking soda brakes up somewhat, theres still bits floating at the surface. i try to spin the water thinking its doing to dissolve. it doesn't so i just put it on my hair. ill try the higher pressure rinses to remove the bits already in my hair.also, ill put less baking soda to the mix so it doesnt happen again. and, no i dont use acv.

thanks for the advice eagle

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u should do acv but how much are u putting in a cup

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form