Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Uploaded some pics of my progress...

Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

Check out my new pics and let me know what you think. I'm still trying to figure out why the back has not started to dread yet. Could it be from constantly wearing it in a ponytail?

I'm also going to order a tam, but am undecided on which one I should get....I went to Hippie Willow and thought about the Black Wool Slouchy Hat Dreadlock Tam - #38w, and the Wool Striped Slouchy Hat Dreadlock Tam #14w

The first looks like it might work, but mentions chin length hair and mine is between chin length and shoulder length. I like the one with the bill, but will order in different colors.

Anyway Hope everyone has a good weekend.

updated by @keith-lackey: 01/13/15 09:16:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

always vbeing in a ponytail can defintely affexct it but do u sleep on your face?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

I hate having it in a ponytail. Can't wait til I get a hat for it. I don't normally sleep on my face, usually on my side or back. Could that be a factor?

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hi!

why not wearing your babydreads open like in your avatar pic?

I only wear a tam when it rains, and my hair dreads on the sides and back simular.

But a tam works def better than a ponytail!

good progress!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

those are coming along wonderfully. Keep it up. I agree a ponytail is good if you need pics taken for something or for a formal event. But a tam will give them freedom to move and knot up while still keeping them out of your face

Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

I would wear them open but I constantly have to push my hair out of my face and I don't want to fingerbrush my hair in the process. When I take it out of a ponytail it usually stay in the same position for a while and I'll wear it like that. I can't wait til I get my tam though, then I'll only have to wear a ponytail a few days out of the week at one of my jobs.

Frank Schuster said:

Hi!

why not wearing your babydreads open like in your avatar pic?

I only wear a tam when it rains, and my hair dreads on the sides and back simular.

But a tam works def better than a ponytail!

good progress!

Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

Thanks. The ponytail is mainly to keep it out of my face at work. I don't have to at one job but if it's in my face it's hard for me to see what I'm doing and distracting. The other job is a restaurant so it's required. They used to let me wear a hairnet, but the policy changed and now I have to tuck it in my hat.

Baba Fats said:

those are coming along wonderfully. Keep it up. I agree a ponytail is good if you need pics taken for something or for a formal event. But a tam will give them freedom to move and knot up while still keeping them out of your face

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

Same here. My job used to make me wear a hairnet, but for some reason stopped buying them. Who knows We had to wear baseball caps too. I made a stink about what would happen when my locks got too long to fit under a hat. They said I'd have to choose between them and my job. So I took the complaint to the next higher level (Corporate). One day a few months later, We had a store meeting and the owner decided to let us choose between a few different types of hats. He said it was his idea to let us feel more independent. I don't care about getting the credit. It was just amusing. I got to wear a black tam from then on and got to keep my job

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form