Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

residue free shampoo

Bummie
@bummie
13 years ago
34 posts
can you please start a list I residue free shampoo. I use dr. bronners bar soap but would love to scotch to a liquid bottle brand I've tried diluting dr. bronners but prefer the bar soap. what else is out there?
updated by @bummie: 01/13/15 09:16:07PM
Bummie
@bummie
13 years ago
34 posts
grr. sorry for the miss spelled typo's I hate the iPhone Auto correct
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

there is dreadlockshampoo SE is gonna say it to you. Apparently a good shampoo and you probably don,t need other than this.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

best i ever found

theres several others in our shops bere but these are the best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bummie
@bummie
13 years ago
34 posts
thank you. much obliged

soaring eagle said:

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

best i ever found

theres several others in our shops bere but these are the best

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I use the Bronners liquid as well as the dreadlocks shampoo that SE mentioned. Since I already have a what I need I can't really vouch for any other products but it will be interesting to see what people have used. :)

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

The BS should ALWAYS be followed with ACV rinse. Did you try that yet? The ACV counters the dryness and corrects your hair and scalp pH.

I'm assuming you have hard water. It's pretty common for Bronners to leave a residue if your water is hard.

But, definitely try the BS with the ACV if you already have the soda and you liked the cleanness (just not the dryness.)

:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

by bos u mean baking soda? if so its perfectly fine if u understand hair chemistry and ballance the bs with acv to restore ph

bronners is all about the water

if you hanve hard water no true soap will rinse right only detergents will

well unles you have a way of overcomming that like the beer addded to the www.dreadlockshampoo.com soaps do making it work well n any water

you can make bronners work in hard water by adding a lil borax to it

john said:

i have tried Bronners liquid, i found it left mydreads a little bit waxy when dry.
For me it left to much residue in my dreads i had to wash them again the next day to get it all out lol

but thats the thing, different products work better for different people

I know a few people on here use BOS which i have also tried but, for me, that was just too extreme

it strips everythin form my hair which is good but it can make your hair brittle causing dreads to thin over time so i would'nt risk it again

Valrie said:

I use the Bronners liquid as well as the dreadlocks shampoo that SE mentioned. Since I already have a what I need I can't really vouch for any other products but it will be interesting to see what people have used. :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Oh wow, didn't know about the Borax. I don't have a problem with my Bronners but am curious how much Borax you would recommend adding to the mix?

soaring eagle said:

by bos u mean baking soda? if so its perfectly fine if u understand hair chemistry and ballance the bs with acv to restore ph

bronners is all about the water

if you hanve hard water no true soap will rinse right only detergents will

well unles you have a way of overcomming that like the beer addded to the www.dreadlockshampoo.com soaps do making it work well n any water

you can make bronners work in hard water by adding a lil borax to it

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form