dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

No Soap No Shampoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bathing with only water

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
13 years ago
26 posts

Wassup everybody

About 2 weeks ago I was doing a lot of searching and research on not using soap to clean your body. Only using water. In my search I have found that most skin problems could come from cleaning with soap, soap strips the body of its natural oils so the body has to over produce oil. I came across this video on youtube

There are a lot of people who have experimented with bathing with water only and their results are that after a few weeks or months their skin is healthier and glowing, they don't stink or smell they are clean, they have also said that they dont see a reason to go back to using soap and shampoo a lot of them have said they will never go back to using soap and shampoo. I advise you to do your own research I have been soap free and deodorant free for 15 days now and other than the nice smells you get from soap my skin feels the same way when I wash with water only. Im also deodorant free and toothpaste free as well I use baking soda to clean my teeth. Shampoo does the same thing to your hair and scalp as the soap does to your skin strips it of its natural oils. I still do use soap to wash my hands. I also have a husband and he hasn't noticed that I stopped using soap (I haven't told him that I stopped).

I'm also looking into dry skin brushing....

If any one is also no soap no shampoo hit this discussion up and tell me how long you been doing it, the pros and cons. I would love to hear your story.

updated by @mowriyah-ysrayl: 02/14/15 06:10:55AM
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

I talked about this too some time ago but I wasnot really great welcome about that here. I think that it is true.

The only thing is that the taste of toothpaste and the smell of soap or shampoo are fun so it's hard to go without it for a long time. Also, because of the nature of dreadlocks, Im pretty sure that theyre gonna smell bad if you don,t wash it for mroe than 2 weeks (it catches more dirt and sweat stay more in it)

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
13 years ago
26 posts

I understand what you are saying about the dreadlocks, that's when shampooing with Baking soda comes into play. It cleans without stripping the hair of its natural oils. Washing the body with baking soda is also good it cleanses without stripping the body of its natural oils or scent.

I know a few people who have natural dreadlocks and they dont use anything to wash them all they do is rinse with cold water 2 or 3 times a week.

Gabriel Beauchemin said:

I talked about this too some time ago but I wasnot really great welcome about that here. I think that it is true.

The only thing is that the taste of toothpaste and the smell of soap or shampoo are fun so it's hard to go without it for a long time. Also, because of the nature of dreadlocks, Im pretty sure that theyre gonna smell bad if you don,t wash it for mroe than 2 weeks (it catches more dirt and sweat stay more in it)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i have been dooderant free for 30 years i was soap free for 4 years using only baking soda

till i got the bucks county soap factory soaps and started using those

alot of body oders come from poor diets you eliminate wastes and toxins through sweat feces and urine (why native american healing sweats are so good for you (besides the spirit healing aspects)

the better your diet the purer the sweat and the less u smell

so ive havd no need for deoderant at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
13 years ago
26 posts

I heard that before about most body odor comes from poor diet. I eat mostly vegetables and fruits at least I try to. My husband on the other hand eats everything lol

soaring eagle said:

i have been dooderant free for 30 years i was soap free for 4 years using only baking soda

till i got the bucks county soap factory soaps and started using those

alot of body oders come from poor diets you eliminate wastes and toxins through sweat feces and urine (why native american healing sweats are so good for you (besides the spirit healing aspects)

the better your diet the purer the sweat and the less u smell

so ive havd no need for deoderant at all

sambo
@sambo
13 years ago
37 posts
great discussion! I've been off soap and shampoo for about a year and a half now and can def attest to how diet effects bo. When I'm doing basic fruits and veges and drinking enough water I smell great, when I hit the meat and any processed crap I def notice the old stench under the arms but i've been using vinegar and just letting it soak on the skin while I brush my teeth and then rinse it off in the shower and that seems to work pretty good. My girlgirlfriend has been off shampoo for about 3 weeks and was asking if bs would be okay for her hair (it's not dreaded) or does it strip oils?Peace guys, love this site!
Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
13 years ago
26 posts

bs is good for any hair it gives it a deep clean without stripping your hair of its natural oils. I been shampoo free for about the same time your girlfriend only using bs once a week and my hair which is dreaded and scalp feels great

sambo said:

great discussion! I've been off soap and shampoo for about a year and a half now and can def attest to how diet effects bo. When I'm doing basic fruits and veges and drinking enough water I smell great, when I hit the meat and any processed crap I def notice the old stench under the arms but i've been using vinegar and just letting it soak on the skin while I brush my teeth and then rinse it off in the shower and that seems to work pretty good. My girlgirlfriend has been off shampoo for about 3 weeks and was asking if bs would be okay for her hair (it's not dreaded) or does it strip oils?
Peace guys, love this site!
Neil
@neil
13 years ago
21 posts

Do you understand the chemical properties of oil and water? Water is a polarmoleculeand oil is non polar. Your skin willstillexcrete oils.

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
13 years ago
26 posts

Yea i know your skin will excrete oils thats a good thing its your own natural oil.

Neil said:

Do you understand the chemical properties of oil and water? Water is a polarmoleculeand oil is non polar. Your skin willstillexcrete oils.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

How about natural salt deodorant? I unfortunately had to try products like this before I found a deodorant I could use with my allergies. The salt sticks don't have any aluminum in them. But I really hated them. They'd work for all of a half an hour and then I'd smell again.

There's a pharmacist in my area who I loathe asking question to because dude- he stinks!!! like sweat- BAD! I politely ask one time about his no-soap agenda and he said that he lets his body be natural. Unfortunately, his being natural causes alienation of the odoriferous variety. It's really bad. Most of the time we can't smell our own scent as well as we can smell other people's so we don't realize that we do smell a bit rank.

Continuing on with deodorant alternatives: I've even seen some people use shea butter mixed while warm with a good amount of baking soda and a few drops of tea tree oil, poured into a deodorant twist up container to harden. OR they just pour it into a container and then swipe some on their armpits with their fingers. Sometimes they'll add a bit of beeswax to help it adhere to the skin but sometimes not.

I could kinda get down with the idea of just a BS bath but.... for people with dry skin like eczema we've got a major issue: we need oils!! Our skin doesn't secrete enough oils so we get cracked and itchy skin which lead to open sores and major infections. So we use things like shea butter on the skin. How clean would that be after a while? Would a BS bath get rid of the layer of lotion oils or would you just be building it up layer by layer and not letting your skin breathe? It's a complicated situation when you have dry skin.

I am all for being as natural as possible but I think there are a few kinks to work out here and not just with diet. Most of the fruits and veggies(beans included!) most people can afford nowadays are GMO and pesticide laden so.....? Talking about having pure food in your diet leading to a cleaner body and scent is kinda of a catch-22 today. Unless you live on your own farm and are miraculously out of chemtrail spray zones then I don't see how it could be done.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form