Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Too much scalp showing!

Lena2
@lena2
13 years ago
14 posts

Hi, I've admired this site since I first thought about dreading my hair about 3 months ago. I finally decided to join! you all give great advice and I have a question for anyone with input...

I started my dreads about a month ago and am loving them! I think they're maturing well, and everything's fine in that area. But I have pretty damn thin hair. I only got 23 dreads out of it, each about 1-2 inches thick. looks great from the front, but in the back it basically looks like there is a part around the crown of my head where i just did not have any hair left to put another dread. I really don't like that I have this bald scalpy spot in the middle of my head. I was wondering if this will eventually become less noticeable as my dreads thicken, or if I should try and take a few out and resection them??? Help please!

updated by @lena2: 02/14/15 04:37:08AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

2 inch dreads are huge waty thicker then u want the, u should have let the hair section itseldf and seperated any thsat were over wan inch

your wrist is 2 inches do you really want dreads as thick as your wrist that take a week to dry?

id section them at 1/2 inch 1 inch at the very thickest and u will have a much fuller head of dreads or better yet let them sectu=ion themselves they can get pretty unconfy that thick too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

damn, I never thought of that analogy. I wouldn't want a lock as thick as my wrist. mine are about 1/2 - 1 inch at the biggest. At your stage, I'd start seperating and letting them do what they want.

Eagle. I've got a similar situation. I've got a few larger ones around the back and a balding spot on the crown of my head. problem is, my locks are 5 years old. there's no separating them for me anymore. do you think as hair grows in it'l fill in the gap?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when you seperate u will get loose hairs that form baby locks and they fill gaps

i had the same thing since i did no seperation for 4 years they congoed like crazy leaving a sparse area at the crown but then i did just a lil mijior seoperation a month or 2 ago and now have a lil stubby baby sticking up right dead center of that crown area where there was a vast emptiness not long ago

--
Lena2
@lena2
13 years ago
14 posts

ahhhh I meant 1/2 not 1-2 so sorry i didn't catch that! 1/2 inch thick ya 2 inch is crazy :P

Lena2
@lena2
13 years ago
14 posts

With only 23 of them at 1/2 inch, I'm really hoping the back fills in more. so just wondering if they'll do this on their own or if I should resection a couple to cover the bare spot??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

o=k u hsad me worried haha thats 1/2 inch at the scalp tho? cause 20ish dreads are usualy round an inch while 1/2 inch are l=more like 30ish to 40

but can u post a picture?

--
Lena2
@lena2
13 years ago
14 posts

yes haha definitely sorry about the size confusion... I mean at the scalp they vary slightly, but yea they are typically 1/2 inch 1 inch at the very most. like i said, I have really thin hair. here is the front, I'll have to get back to you with a back one in a little bit

updated by @lena2: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

those look great. If you are getting 20 out of your hair, I wouldn't worry. the back should grow in and fill in any gaps you might be worried about. I actually just did a count of mine, and I have 12. they are about as thick as yours. some a little thicker. so getting 23 is not too shabby. take a look at my pics. or vids. one of them has a picture of how my hair looks from the back

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u really have just 12? wow

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form