Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

debating starting over.

tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts

Hello dread fam. For the past month or so, I have been contemplating cutting off my current locks and starting over with the natural neglect journey. i promised myself i would keep these for a year, and that is 2 weeks from today. I really love the ones that I have now, but I always have the thought of actually growing dreads, instead of making them, in the back of my mind. A yogi from india said that one must grow the dreads within their heart before their head, and that has been stuck in my head also.

any advice, encouragement would be great

thanks

updated by @tsteck11: 01/13/15 09:15:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well its not a bvad idea but dont cut them off comb them out so u have hair to start with or your going to be growing hair a year just to get it to start to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts

at this point it seems that it would be almost impossible to comb them out..

but i woke up today, washed my dreads and felt really good about them and about myself in general.. i'm so wishy-washy. but i think when/if the time does come i'm going to cut them and go from square 0.

thank you for your input SE, much appreciated

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can comb em out its sloaw and hard but possible

even after 10 years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

Your dreads are looking so good... Start again if you really, really feel you should, but I suggest trying to comb them out. If your dreads resist, they want to stay. Personally, I believe it's where your heart is today that counts more than how you started your dreads last year. Your own inner sincerity, rather than the perfection of someone else's ideal. Maybe that's one of the lessons of the dreading journey. Just a thought.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form