Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wwoofing abroad, or in general

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

Anyone ever wwoof abroad or just in general?

I FINALLY convinced my husband to do some long term wwoofing in S. America, either Brasil or Argentina :) Need to save up tickets for a flight and some extra cash and should probably wait out our lease so Sept 2012 is our goal date.

I'm so sick of all this garbage that I hold so dear to, excited to let go and be a part of something positive even though it's so far away.

Any advice? I like planning too far ahead...a bad habit that I am trying to be rid of XP

updated by @aya-heartright: 02/14/15 02:28:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i never have but ive thought about it i know folks who do in belixze costa rica and ..umm equador

actualy a freind started out doing thast in equador then got a progexct started to reforest 3/4 of equador and she was working with both the highest generals and homeless ppl getting them to work together to do the refi=]orrestation and she ended up becoming a citizen and if your a citizen there u alutomaticly get free land and cause all she did shes got like 100,000 acres

so she sopends 1/2 her time there1/2 in colorodo now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

oh wow. That's awesome. Do they still do that? A couple of friends and I would like to start a self sustainable community somewhere, though probably not very possible in the USA, I don't think you can ever really go off grid here. Or anywhere, really, but def. not here. They track everything.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sure u can here there are many and im planning on the same thing just buy a few hundred acres and do your r=thing there are many off the grid communities in fact my friend robbies in a documentary called off the grid which is his community "the mesa" near taos new mexico

--
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

Sorry to hijack this convo but I would also love to live off the land. I have always wanted to own a few acres and set it up to be self sufficient. That is one of my goals in life. I love technology, but I also have a deep appreciation for nature. I have much respect for my Indian (Native American) ancestors and how they respected their environment.

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

No worries. I don't believe that a public conversation can be hijacked <3

Same here. I want to live in a community but have electricity. At least enough to run a wireless card and my imac enough to do graphic design a few hours a day :) I find balance to be the key. Yes, ideally I would like to live completely off the land; however, I enjoy working too much plus I feel that the internet is a major contributor to the conscious evolution of humanity. I a not sure if I would have come to some of the realizations that I have today if it wasn't for Father Google. Those within my every day circle would not have opened my eyes to the Truths which I have been exposed to on the world wide web.

SE, I'm not sure man. Maybe I have just been reading and hearing too much conspiracy stuff. I think our country is on a downward spiral and shit is going to hit the fan real soon. FEMA camps, Habias Corpus being taken away, and NDAA 2012 I don't want to be here for that. I love this country and I love everyone in it but I am not sure if I am strong enough to stand in a physical revolution or, worse, the oppression that will happen for a rebellion to catch fire.

You don't think that those communities aren't being monitored by the gov't and won't be the first to go once the elite decide to begin their purge?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

elite is few you think when they begin to purge there wont be l[]millions in oposition?

no matter what you think its still a country run buy the people..poorly granted cause 1/2 the ppl are idiots but evebn an idiots smart enough to say no to fema camps and enslavement your right shits gonna hit the fan and the system will collapse ..everywhere but its the ones who know how to l=ive off the land share cooperate organize that will be picking up the peices and putting it back together (life i mean) and creating a more functional society

--
Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

I agree to the picking up the pieces. I like to think I would be one of the first ones back helping rebuild (especially after all my hypothetical skillz from wwoofing)

But no, I don't think so. Because they are going to start out with radicals. Make the general population believe that people fighting for peace are domestic terrorists. Obama came out earlier this week and said that they are going to station federal agents LOCALLY to look out for home grown terrorists because people are becoming radicalized because of stuff they read on the internet. Seriously, it was on NPR for like a second. Then there was a half hour special about how this is wonderful for our safety.

I don't have much faith that the sheeple will be able to see through the veil of lies. Of the few people I have talked to about it the general response was "why do I care? I'm not a terrorist." They will keep the docile population living about the same, just shitty enough but not enough to have them fight back. Everyone else will be crazies trying to overthrow the gov't, raping our churches and burning down our women (sorry it was a perfect spot for a wkuk quote)

Im serious though.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i too want to have a log cabin on a mountain side, and be the only person for a while. but yeah i like computers n stuff, my only thing is that i wish people could live in balance with technology and nature. were to young and immature as a species to not be completely responsible and live in balance.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

we are in economic collapse if they start jailing everyone who disagrees with polocy it will only spred up the collapse they cant afford to go on the way they are its gotta break and since technicaly the government is a corporation it will have to file bankruptcy and auction off its assets they cant afford to fight a war on terror abroad and make up terrorists here too ti fight

and besides look what happened when they waged war on terror they created 10 times more terrorists overnight

we are on thin ice as it is its not sustainable we got too many wars already spendimg biillions here rounding up everyone whos not a sheeple will be the last nail in the coffin i mean how many towns have laid off polivce fire and most emergency services already? can they really devote more to arresteding everyone who might have a giood idea to get us out odf this mess?

Aya Heartright said:

I agree to the picking up the pieces. I like to think I would be one of the first ones back helping rebuild (especially after all my hypothetical skillz from wwoofing)

But no, I don't think so. Because they are going to start out with radicals. Make the general population believe that people fighting for peace are domestic terrorists. Obama came out earlier this week and said that they are going to station federal agents LOCALLY to look out for home grown terrorists because people are becoming radicalized because of stuff they read on the internet. Seriously, it was on NPR for like a second. Then there was a half hour special about how this is wonderful for our safety.

I don't have much faith that the sheeple will be able to see through the veil of lies. Of the few people I have talked to about it the general response was "why do I care? I'm not a terrorist." They will keep the docile population living about the same, just shitty enough but not enough to have them fight back. Everyone else will be crazies trying to overthrow the gov't, raping our churches and burning down our women (sorry it was a perfect spot for a wkuk quote)

Im serious though.

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form