Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Quick question about sections. also, pics!

Kai2
@kai2
13 years ago
2 posts

Hey everyone! First post on this site, but I've been lurking around in secret for a good while before even getting my locks.

Anyway, I've had them for about a month and a half now and I think they're coming along quite nicely, especially considering that I have that typical scandinavian kind of hair which isn't really meant for having dreadlocks at all. I had them done with a chrochet hook and a lot of patience (and pain).. I simply don't have the patience to grow those full-on badass neglect locks, even though I'd love to have them!

One thing I've been thinking about recently however, is how fat my dreadlocks eventually might get! My sections are pretty huge (at least I think so myself), and as such I only have 24 locks.. I'll attach a picture that shows how big the sections are and let you guys answer based on that. I mean, are they gonna be huge or stay the way they are? As thick as the sections themselves or what?

Thanks in advance! :)

updated by @kai2: 01/13/15 09:15:28PM
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

Yes i'm pretty sure theyre gonna be bigger but probably not twice as big

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if youd been lurking that long why the hell would u ever get them done byu crochet your hair would have dreaded fine whoever told u it wouldnt liesd!

and those sections are huge

crochet will make too thin dreads from too huge sections but idf u let them eventualy recover from crochet they thicken up

those sections should be 4 dreads at least..or more

well 2 if u want bug fat dreads

you didnt have the patience to wait 2 weeks? well now u gotta wait 6 months for them to recover from the crochet and even vbegin to dread right

crochet was a huge mistake

your impatience backfired

now yuu gotta loosen them up enough to begin proper dreading and that takes a long time

but with those huge sections id actualy recomend possibly taking them out extremely carefully (u will lose alotta hair u broke from crocheting) and let tjhem dread naturaly or do tnr but with twice as many dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy crochet makes them 1/3 the thickness of a healthy dread when mature and dreads thicken as they mature so these can be about 4 times as thick as they are now

Gabriel Beauchemin said:

Yes i'm pretty sure theyre gonna be bigger but probably not twice as big

--
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

oh yea I remember You said that the dread is as big as the section so kai you should resection it if you don't want your dread to be REAL big.

if you continue to crochet I guess it will probbabbly get his thickness but be sure to understand all the dangers of it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wow double post but almost 20 minutes apart thats alotta lag or something haha

u on a phone or something

--
Kai2
@kai2
13 years ago
2 posts

First of all thanks for the answers. I won't mind if they end up looking rather big, but there are limits of course

soaring eagle; at the time when I decided to get em done I didn't think of any other way of doing it. My mindset at the time was basically this: "I'm not getting anything that involves wax, and I'm not gonna have the patience for neglect locks because I want them NOW".. a bit shallow and short-minded, yes, but that's what happened in the moment and i can only blame myself for that. so that's that for the chrochet part, which i realize might have been a pretty big mistake.

I haven't been doing a lot of maintenance after getting them; i wash them weekly and sometimes palm roll them very lightly when i have nothing to do.. it's become one of those things i just do, like playing with my fingers and whatnot.
now i'm not sure i have the nerve to remove them altogether and start fresh, but if i simply leave them be and 'let them do their thing', is there a chance they'll end up looking alright even though they were started off by crocheting?

Again, thanks for the answers

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when thry recover from the crochet they will look ok but they will be big and that can cause issues if they accidswently congo and even if not they will have a higher risk of mold

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form