Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

can anyone help identify the guy pictured in the intro of "dreads" book?

YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

in the book "dreads" there is a guy pictured in the intro....looks like a caveman....

i use his pic as my avatar on another forum, and ppl often ask if it's really me.

i always say no, and tell them how i got the avatar (i took a picture of the picture in the book then cropped and adjusted it)....didn't have a scanner .

anyway i was wanting to know more about the dude....i almost idolize the image, and wonder what his story is???

anyone know who it is or how to find out??

here is the pic:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/userimages/thumbnails/110/0f1550221420075e02c5328843508b8b_110809.jpg?dl=1246925866

updated by @yukon: 02/14/15 09:07:43AM
elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
13 years ago
90 posts
Have you contacted the author of the book?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just another dready? theres hundreds of thousands of dreadies out there they dont all gotta be somebody i mean im sure hes got a name but does be have to have a story?

would u search for years to find out hes fred and works at ihop and the most interesting thing about him is he once met someone who claimed to know someone who once was in the newspaper for falling out of a tree

but then again he may have made that up just to have something to talk about

pooint is..chances are hes just a guy..any guy 1 of those type guys that grow hair.. hair =on their heads that happened to dread

he could be fred

or tim or bob

theres an equal chance that hes famouse or homeless

his story could be anyth9ing from a gyy that owns a red car or plays a mean guitar

he ciuld be anybody nobody somebody or no diferent from everybody else you know

hell his name can even actualy be joe shmoe you never know

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

i have not contacted the author,...maybe will do that.

@se....well yeah, whatever his story is or lack of one i'm still curious.....i'm curious by nature, and like to hoard all kinds of "seemingly" useless knowledge.

his pic always intrigued me...and always wondered what he was about.....everyone has a story, and i doubt he is nobody....and who would care if he was famous or homeless.....like i said i am just curious

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well the thing is i was gonna say he looks familiar like someone ive seen at a gathering or 2 but ..thats a familiar feeling cause many dreadies fit thbat mold

its like saying hey have u seen thst guy with the hair he was wearing a shirt

after

then again on the other hand your going from a small pic in a book u might see him 1 day on the street and not realize its even him

awhile 1/2 the dreadies u meet seem familiar

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

that's fair bro...

even tho i live in colorado and lived in alaska, i don't currently personally know anyone w/ dreads...i've met a ton af ppl w/ dreads, and you def do start to see many as familiar.

i've never quite seen dreads as obviously unique as his....or it may just be his whole image...(dreads are all unique)...

.....sorry the sour diesel has me pondering some strange stuff sometimes

Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts

That's my uncle Larry! lol! The guy has cool locks all jokes aside.

Flea
@flea
13 years ago
9 posts

If i were you I would live In the dream that he is someone very special, instead of finding out who he is and get really disapointed.

I cant help you tho... Never seen him anywere else.

YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

.....the only way i would be disappointed is if he was a thug...i somehow don't see that, but u never know....i'm still curious???

Karin said:

If i were you I would live In the dream that he is someone very special, instead of finding out who he is and get really disapointed.

I cant help you tho... Never seen him anywere else.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form