Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlock DREAMS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Jemat
@jemat
13 years ago
3 posts

Hey Guys i was wondering if you all could share your wisdom about hair with me since i lack the wisdom of it. I want to start my dreads; well i already pretty much started it about a month now. This is how it looks now: click on link or copy paste

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=6e8e9d1407&view=att&th=134293b176d7b244&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gw0yipa60&zw

The method that i used to start it was Comb twist since my hair styler said that that is the best method to use for the dread that i desire. What I want my dread to look like is exactly or something like this:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20101102/ent/images/GyptianA20081021.jpg

Is ending Pic:

updated by @jemat: 01/13/15 09:15:26PM
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hey Jemat!

first of all i would check out the DREADUCATION part of this community to get some dreading and maintanance informations besides your hair stylist.

Stop twisting, cause you weaken your roots by twisting your hair. Its not nescessary to get dreads.

Don't use all the products you wrote in your post, you will not need one of em!

And please, don't try to look like somebody else! Dreads are individual and you will look like YOU with dreads and not like any other dude in the pics. Enjoy the fact that nobody with dreads will look exactly like

you :-)

The thickness of dreads is not caused by sprays or products, its the nature of each creature.

Jah bless your yourney!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

never ever retwist weekly and they wont last 3 months they wioll fall off and u will go bald

the dread thickness is caused by the section size

dreads to look professional just need to be pulled back (and probly not massive congos) so seperate em often but never retwist]

and u canmty link to pics in emails but the attached pics look like u already use way too much products!

wash and use moisturizers as needed

thats all

and do not use those shampoos unless u want top have rottintg dreads use a non resisdue dread soaop

id recomend these www.dreadlockshampoo.com u might not ev en need an extra moisturizer but if u do aloes great or jojoba

going to a salon..huge mistake tho if thry just did comb coils and no wax or interlocking your probly ok

notew forget every single thing the salon sdaid to do its all wrong ..just wash and seperate thats all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jemat
@jemat
13 years ago
3 posts

Frank Schuster said:

Hey Jemat!

first of all i would check out the DREADUCATION part of this community to get some dreading and maintanance informations besides your hair stylist.

Stop twisting, cause you weaken your roots by twisting your hair. Its not nescessary to get dreads.

Don't use all the products you wrote in your post, you will not need one of em!

And please, don't try to look like somebody else! Dreads are individual and you will look like YOU with dreads and not like any other dude in the pics. Enjoy the fact that nobody with dreads will look exactly like

you :-)

The thickness of dreads is not caused by sprays or products, its the nature of each creature.

Jah bless your yourney!

THANKS MAN

Jemat
@jemat
13 years ago
3 posts

soaring eagle said:

never ever retwist weekly and they wont last 3 months they wioll fall off and u will go bald

the dread thickness is caused by the section size

dreads to look professional just need to be pulled back (and probly not massive congos) so seperate em often but never retwist]

and u canmty link to pics in emails but the attached pics look like u already use way too much products!

wash and use moisturizers as needed

thats all

and do not use those shampoos unless u want top have rottintg dreads use a non resisdue dread soaop

id recomend these www.dreadlockshampoo.com u might not ev en need an extra moisturizer but if u do aloes great or jojoba

going to a salon..huge mistake tho if thry just did comb coils and no wax or interlocking your probly ok

notew forget every single thing the salon sdaid to do its all wrong ..just wash and seperate thats all

THANKS

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form